emmelinewe

POLL: To bidet or not to bidet?

Emmeline Westin
8 år siden

For some, a bathroom isn't complete without a bidet, but for others it's not even on their radar. Which camp are you in?

Fitzroy Development · Mere information

Yes to bidets!
No to bidets!
Other - tell us below!

(32) kommentarer

• PRO
    Daman of Witham
    8 år siden

Bidets have never been a British thing really anyway. However the influence of Europe in Bathroom design has lead to a surge in bidet/toilet sales. One of our recent projects features a Villeroy & Boch Viclean bidet toilet. We think that this solution will become ever more popular as time goes on.

Luxury Ensuite, Chelmsford · Mere information

• ali270
    8 år siden
    Many British bathrooms are far to small to install a bidet and you don't miss what you've never had . We have a bidet in our bathroom and would not like to be without it .
  • Olena Tkach
    8 år siden

If there is enough room to install one, it's definitely worth it. If not, there are smart toilet seats with built-up washing system or you may at least go for a hygienic shower.

• Jane Bateman
    8 år siden
    They are for washing your smalls on holiday, right!!!!
  • Amanda Robinson
    8 år siden

A great alternative is to have a hand held bidet spray. They connect onto the toilet water supply and take next to no space and work perfectly.

• Dee Weera
    8 år siden

Yes the bidet spray works really well especially in warmer climes, but when the water is cold it is not a pleasant experience! I would love to find one that has a hot/cold water mixer incorporated.

• User
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Hi Dee Weera, there are quite a few options like that, have a look at GRB mixers Intimixer. They do a progressive mix model and also a thermostatic option all in one.

• Dee Weera
    8 år siden

That great news! I will definitely look it up. Thank you.

• keen bean
    8 år siden

Yuk!! What's wrong with having a shower and washing properly? No, no, no to bidets - they lead to unhygienic habits. Appreciate though that old people may not be able to shower or bath easily every day so a bumwash toilet would be a better option.

• Emmeline Westin
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Could also be an excellent foot bath!

• PRO
    Daman of Witham
    8 år siden

I think bumwash is the technical term lol

• Fred Wonder
    8 år siden

Yes! We just moved into a house with a bidet, and the dog just ADORES drinking from it.

• PRO
    Goodwood Originals
    8 år siden

Bidets are REALLY unhygienic. They were popular in France; you especially found them in hotels! But this was before the advent of the shower.

• PRO
    User
    8 år siden
    makes a great place to grow a fern .... did this in a rental a few years ago
  • bruket
    8 år siden

The combination loo/bidet is great. Can they be wall hung?

• mv5869
    8 år siden

I've always had one in every house my parents lived in, but no-one has ever used it. Popular in France, but pretty pointless in the UK where showering is more a daily than a weekly activity.

• PRO
    Goodwood Originals
    8 år siden

They can be wall hanged and so can the toilet bowl, much cleaner all together but needs strong walls

• bruket
    8 år siden

Thank you Goodwood Originals, I am planning to build so this is good to know.

• User
    8 år siden

Well, they are rather French, aren't they?

• Gerry Rust
    8 år siden

Sadly I have no room for one but I love them. As I suffer from psoriasis and live in a very hard water area showering is out of the question at the moment (for some reason it makes me itch insanely) and even bathing every day is problematic. Having a bidet would be a Godsend and yes I would also use it to wash my feet :D

• soozmacrae
    8 år siden

Not much use for them nowadays as its easier just to pop into the shower for a freshen up.

• Simon Kelly
    8 år siden

Its a must have. Sure you can shower but all your lower half gets wet where as you can hop on after using the toilet, freshen up with minimal drying and just as clean.

• broadleaves
    8 år siden

To those saying they're unhygienic, please note that you use them in addition to the usual cleaning routine not instead of it. Its a definite must have from me I wouldn't want to move to house that didn't have one!

• timiduser
    8 år siden

Oldfashioned.

• deekhan
    8 år siden
    I totally agree with broaduser. Bidets are meant for additional washing, NOT instead of a shower or bath, so those people who say they are unhygienic are totally off the mark! Explain to me how washing your privates at any time can be unhygienic! Personally I prefer a 'Muslim shower' or handheld shower to do the job, but failing that a bidet is definitely a close second.
  • deekhan
    8 år siden
    Sorry, broadleaves, not broaduser :)
  • Isidora Markovic
    7 år siden

Ours came with the house but is not used. I don't see why not, in addition to showering, of course! I do see them as more of a European (well, French) feature though.

• lisa77226
    7 år siden
    Oh my, I immediately think "gross" when I see them. Def a no for me.
  • PRO
    Paul Whittaker Bathrooms and Wetrooms
    6 år siden

No bidet's for us, particularly when the room contains a relatively large shower, We like to then use a 2 outlet shower valve which can control a handheld shower situated at waste height in the enclosure. As others have said, the European market has moved away from bidets, with the new craze being toilet seats with the technology to wash and dry. We have supplied both the Geberit and Duravit versions over the last 12 months with great feedback.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    6 år siden

We have seen a rise in toilets with a hand held hose next to the toilet - here are a couple examples we have recently installed for our clients.

Shannon

• Mirka G
    6 år siden
    if you got the space. install a bidet. I am italian and miss bidets!!!!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.