just2hip

Side table or stack of books?

Cindi Keller
8 år siden

What type of side table would your place next to this chair? Does the floor lamp sit okay behind the chair? Pillow, blanket or pillow and blanket with chair? All comments are most appreciated. Thank you.

(27) kommentarer

• susan2494
    8 år siden

Your space is small and I don't know what else you have in the room in accessories, but for just a cup of tea and a small vase this might work and even has a shelf for the books. 18" x 24" tall. $75.00

• susan2494
    8 år siden

I have seen your 2 areas, but notice that the chair is not on the rug. Would tie all the furniture together if the rug was bigger. I like the position of chair, so don't necessarily want you to move it into the room more. But??? Just an observation. Love the lamp.

Cindi Keller thanked susan2494
  • Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Might something like this work or is it too repetitive? Possibly a solid or do you prefer something open as pictured?

• PRO
    Deborah Vanderzel Designs
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I think a more solid piece next to the recliner

the lamp provides organic interest

perhaps something like this

Frog rain drum accent side table from Pottery Barn

and in regard to the pillow and blanket...let the recliner be what it is...don't try to add things to cover it up.

Cindi Keller thanked Deborah Vanderzel Designs
  • everdebz
    8 år siden

May I just add that the drum table is chunky like the chair and adds texture. Yours did too with a 'hammered' look was it?

Both options seem to add a handmade global feel which is nice too. :)

Cindi Keller thanked everdebz
  • Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Yes, mine was hammered natural/bronze. You are spot on with the tribal touch. Their is another chair in the room that I am going to re-cover in a fabulous Ikat. Also thought I would bring a lumbar on the recliner for interest. the pattern is large so I may pick something else from the pattern to repeat. Here's a visual for comment. Thinking the rug may need a border of leather or down the road get another when budget permits. Maybe jute with and interesting border or?

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

PS The Pottery Barn table is lovely too.

• everdebz
    8 år siden

Oh. Nice fabric -- have you considered only a portion of the chair? It could highlight it even more [but I'm not an upholsterer no].

That wouldn't be Chihuly on your wall? If you don't mind my asking.... I'm an admirer of his.

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hi Everdebz. It's Dutch Schulz, an Oregon glass artisan. Yes, Chihuly similar. The traditional chair pictured will be completely covered in the Ikat fabric. It's a large pattern and very masculine. My hubby liked it which is saying alot. I'll discuss your option with my upholstery man.

• everdebz
    8 år siden

How nice to have pieces that mean a lot to you. I have to remember that you have the other post - your other has the stone fireplace I think?

• susan2494
    8 år siden

I looked at barrel tables, but generally they are too short. You need something that will reach top of arm on chair. No one likes to lean over to find a tabletop. Just check the height.

• groveraxle
    8 år siden

I like my tables a little lower than the arm of my chair. Never higher.

Cindi Keller thanked groveraxle
  • Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Great tips, thank you. I am leaning toward the metal strap table how about you?

• everdebz
    8 år siden

If I'm remembering stone fireplace as your post, seems you have art and such to look at and bring color and pattern [new chair]. Not sure you need the 'pattern' of that table, though surely it wouldn't be bad. But just thinking out loud... how many 'stars' should you have in one room is a question...

• erinsean
    8 år siden

With your floor lamp behind your chair, will the chair lean back without hitting it? I am assuming it is a recliner. I personally would pull it forward just a little, put the floor lamp on the right side and one of the smaller tables on the left side for sitting things.

Cindi Keller thanked erinsean
  • groveraxle
    8 år siden

• everdebz
    8 år siden

I guess there's nothing wrong with the lamp behind the reader. A few have asked if the floor lamp couldn't be moved to 'dog' side of chair?

And a table lamp on table? But it is a small space for a lamp. And seems you have plenty of lighting from ceiling....

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    8 år siden

I would go with a round table for one side and move that floor lamp to the other side of the chair. I would even get rid of the lamp and get one for the table. I would pick a nice light color for the blanket. I like the idea of a blanket better than a pillow.

Cindi Keller thanked MARGARITA BRAVO
  • Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I will try flipping the lamp and table. Hubby loves the lamp so it is staying. Yes, we have good lighting from the ceiling. He uses this area to rest from his computer work. I hate his recliner but that is definitely not going anywhere. I've respected his wishes and was lucky enough to get his traditional chair recovered. Now to decide if a throw or lumbar pillow is best for additional pop of pattern and color?

• everdebz
    8 år siden

A mention that I tried it with a recliner and it didn't feel right, as though there's enough padding there already -- a throw?

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

everdebz - Yes, a throw will be best. Hubby just informed me no lumbar!

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Michelle - Very lovely indeed, thank you.

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

What do you guys think of this table. I just found it at a consignment shop. It is hammered copper. Too conservative a shape. The size is right - can keep looking.

• susan2494
    8 år siden

I like it..if it is tall enough. That would also tie into a copper tray on the ottoman.

• Cindi Keller
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Tall enough, yes.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.