rizm5575

Curb appeal? Help please

rizm5575
8 år siden

Hi there,

was as hoping for some suggestions on improving curb appeal. Just removed the awning and capped the railing. Any suggestions with shutters, colors, how I can match up or compliment brick with siding. Your thoughts would bevsommuch appreciated; unfortunately I don't have much of an eye for design:(

(26) kommentarer

• Nancy Ingram
    8 år siden
    Is the brick around the garage a different color from the main house?
  • rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Unfortunately the grey brick is all around along with the white siding. This was addition of the home. Not sure why they didn't try at least matching withe the original red brick:(
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Sorry came in too late. I would still paint the gray brick white...at least on the garage front.

Puritan Avenue · Mere information

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks Judy! I also thought about removing the shutters!

black garage door agreed. But are you saying paint the garage bricks white? Is that possible?

thanks for your suggestions btw!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

I might consider staining all the brick the grey color and add a lantern with a mustache bracket over the garage.

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hi Judy,

wouldbit be worth keeping the existing white door and then just investing in a black full view storm?

• r1rice
    8 år siden

Consider moving the pots adjacent to the porch stairs to either side of the garage door. Wonder about removing that round evergreen and planting a small maturing weeping tree in the center of the garden bed then flowering shrubs against the house. Whimsical porch furniture, some type of large urn on the porch, maybe with seasonal sticks. Removing the shutters and staining the brick make sense to bring things together.

• emmarene9
    8 år siden

I think removing the awning was a mistake.

• zzmom40
    8 år siden
    I would paint the entire house white! Black shutters...bright red front door....follow through with black flower pots...black outdoor lighting. Super cute you can't go wrong it will be the cutest house on the street.
    Really sweet house!
  • zzmom40
    8 år siden
    Maybe add a black awning over the front door.
  • Trina Egertson
    8 år siden

New window treatments would help. Also removing the large round bush and extending the porch would make the home look larger. Adding some columns to the porch would add some height.

• PRO
    Molly Druce
    8 år siden

I would paint the brick white and then paint the shutters black or a dark navy.

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank-you all so much for taking the time to write and for your suggestions. Have since cut out the green bush which opens up the house a bit more. I wanted to get your perspective on this new plan moving forward:

1/ Charcoal wood door with a black full storm door

2/ Black shutters around all the main floor windows including above the garage.

3/ Railing around remains except awning has been removed. This way, we have tied, black, white, and red brick all together. Guess I'm just going to have to live with the grey brick around the garage.

That sound, might just want to blow up the bedroom bigger on top of the garage to make it massive and perhaps alter the look of the home.....

Does this all make any sense or am I rambling on? lol

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

So I took out the awning and I think it looks better. Would u guys consider a black garage door, black shutters, and clear storm door to tie everything together?

• zzmom40
    8 år siden
    A black garage door would only make that area stand out more..I say focus more on front door and shutters see how it looks before painting garage.
  • rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Good point! So black full view storm door and black shutters?

• zzmom40
    8 år siden
    Yep! I think it is a great start!
    Maybe later you could add a beautiful black canvas awning over door entrance.
  • zzmom40
    8 år siden
    If you would ever consider painting all your brick....this would be a beautiful color combination to go with.
  • zzmom40
    8 år siden
    Because of the color of your roof..you can keep your terra-cotta pots..it will actually make a nice accent.
  • rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks so much for your feedback! That's an awesome colour combination. Currently just trying to keep the red brick but it's the lighter garage brick that's the problem. I'm also debating blowing up that top window to make bigger and replacing the siding with cedar...

thsnks again for taking the time to post!

• Linda Stacey
    8 år siden

I'm jumping in late. Garage brick color weird. I like the suggestion of painting everything white and adding black shutters (even above garage). Don't need a bigger window above garage. Black garage door. NO SCREEN FRONT DOOR.....too dated. Adding a beautiful wood porch with big square Columns. Definitely extend the porch to the end of the front house. No drapes on Windows Take screens off you won't believe how cool your house looks without screens

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

You guys have been so kind with your comments. I've already started - new patterned concrete, railing, and garage door...door will be painted black...so here's my next dilemma: need to choose at stone veneer that will wrap around the garage and bottom of house - this will hopefully tie everything together and get rid of the beige. The white siding and dormers I plan on replacing with cedar as well as accents on the front of the original home...any idea what colour stone would compliment the red brick and light cedar?

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

• Linda Stacey
    8 år siden

I don't want to be rude but I don't like the black porch or the black garage.

• rizm5575
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I can see why u would think that...once the black door, black windows, and stone and cedar is completed, it should tie together nicely...hopefully...now it just looks like a dog's breakfast lol

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.