emmelinewe

Have you used an online estate agent?

Emmeline Westin
8 år siden

Cutting out a traditional estate agent can potentially save a seller (depending on the asking price) thousands of pounds. No commission, more money. But how easy is it? And will you get the house sold quicker? Is it risky to take care of it yourself?

What's your experience?

Railway Cottage · Mere information

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    Cleverbeds Ltd
    8 år siden

Never did it, sorry!

• PRO
    Simon Fink Kitchens
    8 år siden

Very easy. You just have to do the viewings yourself. If you're worried about letting people into your house then you can get someone to be with you when they come round.

No, there's no reason you'll be able to sell quicker.

It's as risky as applying for a passport yourself. You'll still have to use a solicitor (if you don't want to do your own conveyancing) so it's exactly the same legally.

• alant1000
    8 år siden
    My friend used a rather well known one and had a nightmare, barely any interest other than wannabe property tycoons trying to buy up houses for buy to let at study low prices. I think at least estate agents can weed out the timewasters.
  • Juliet Docherty
    8 år siden

We tried to buy a house through an online estate agent a few weeks ago. We were shown round by the estate agent and advised to offer well above the asking price to secure it. It was the second time we had viewed, previously having met and got along well with the owner. After a couple of days we were puzzled but after two weeks with no communication such as 'thanks for your offer, we are considering it...' we withdrew. No-one had the decency to contact us about anything so we walked away and have found a better house. Would not use one.

• PRO
    Paul Clifford Images
    8 år siden

You would have to assume established high street agents in your area would do a better job - though I'm sure there are some good online ones. We used an online conveyancer, which saved us a lot of money, and they did a better job than than the big name ones our sellers used - so online firms can be good! A little research into reviews and so on would help you.

If you do decide to go ahead with an online agent (and many high street ones too!), hiring a pre photographer to spend a decent amount of time at your property and getting high quality photographs is one of the most important things to do to get your property noticed.

• User
    8 år siden

I've never used an online agent, but my experience with the majority of estate agents in the past makes me think I should...

• Viv Bristow
    8 år siden
    I used an on line estate agent to sell my flat and I would never go back to high street estate agents! I was approached an online women's magazine and interviewed about my experience. This might help... http://www.totally4women.com/2014/04/24/selling-your-house/
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.