poshky

Big TV Wall needs help!

poshky
8 år siden
We are just getting done with our house and I'm needing some help with our TV wall! The TV wall is really long and I don't know what would look good on it or what would be a good console length. A lot of them are not very long so I didn't know if I should put two together? The TV is 65in. We are planning on mounting the TV and we were thinking a wall mounted long console would look good. I'm not really big on open shelving even though it looks nice. It's just a dust collector! I don't know if I should do artwork on the sides or leave it blank or if I should paint the wall a different color. Does anyone have any ideas?
The furniture is nice but not really our style and does not go with the rest of the house. I'm open to new but for now how should I arrange it? I'd like new but it depends on what I do with the TV wall.

Could someone please help me with these things. The measurements of the room are 22 x 28. 22 is the TV wall and 28 is the front door wall. I'm open to all suggestions. My kitchen is modern and I want them to go together.

Here are some pictures of the area. I do have window trim now, but I didn't in the pics. I don't know what style you would call it. Industrial/modern? So I guess I'm asking for help on what kind of console and how long it should be and what to do on the sides? Also how to arrange the furniture around it if anyone could help with that also! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just really don't know where to start, so please help me:)

(398) kommentarer

• happyleg
    8 år siden

Where did the grandfather clock go?

• happyleg
    8 år siden

You forgot the wall between kitchen & LR.

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    We put it in the spare bedroom. He wanted out of there too and it does look a lot more open there.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Oh ya I forgot! This is a dresser of my grandma's I've been working on.
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

John Richard Teng Fei Pittore Artwork · Mere information

Dark Expressions Framed Art 41530 · Mere information

Those knobs are pretty. The bird picture would be so cute over the dresser. How about something like this, for your front wall, between the windows? I think you can look at them in your room.
    "Dragonflies" by Dean Crouser, 18x12x1.5 · Mere information

'Tree of Life Soclet Frieze, 1905' Canvas Art by Gustav Klimt · Mere information

Yosemite Artwork, Quilted Chair I · Mere information

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you Terry. I will pop them in and play with them in the spots. They are all nice.
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

The dresser is neat the way it looks & lamp. Nice lab too.

• terry toon
    8 år siden

Did you get the birds hung up Poshky?

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Terry no I didn't ordered anything yet. I have the peacock quilt folded to the right size, but debating on how to hang it. I haven't found a frame that would work if I cut it. I thought about hanging it over a rod of some sort. Like you would see a quilt hang on. I've still been looking for art.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    That space between the windows is 43in. What do you think would be a good size to put there? I did like some of Terry's examples. I kinda like this one too!

Konrad Framed Oil Painting · Mere information
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    That is super pretty and I think the size is perfect for that space. If your husband likes it too then I think it is a great choice.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Terry thanks! I just liked it and thought that's kinda what it looks like out my windows with the water and trees:) I'm glad the size would work because a lot of them are to large.
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

What nice art! That will look nice there.

• Janet Broaddus
    8 år siden
    I've enjoyed 'listening' to the conversation and watching the transformation in your home. It's really coming along!
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Janet thank you for the compliment. Slowly but surely it will get there:)
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    The samples for the chair finally came in! I like the blues on the left, the yellow one and may be the light tan. Does anyone think one of those would go with the sofa and rug?
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

Yes! And not dark.

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks Happyleg!
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    How do these tables look? Will they go do you think?
  • alladd
    8 år siden

I love how your room has come along! The new sofa looks gorgeous. And I really like the yellow dresser and the rug. You've received some great help here!

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you! Yes I've had a ton of help and I'm very appreciative:)
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    I like those tables. The tops are pretty!
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    I like the yellow fabric the best. Yellow seems to be a favorite accent color of yours. You are making progress!
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Terry thanks! I bought the tables. If they don't work I can take them back. I'll post pic in a bit. I know never thought I'd like yellow that much lol.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Here they are!
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    Is one taller than the other? Because I might like them even better together as a coffee table, not touching, but close to eachother.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Yes they are not the same size:(
  • terry toon
    8 år siden

Modular Sofa 05226 · Mere information

Conventional end tables aren't used much in these photos. Something about that end table next to the chaise is just wrong. Can you remove the one by the chaise and push the shorter one forward like in the pic with gray sofa? And put something on the table like you are using it.
    Traditional Living Room · Mere information

Library with fireplace · Mere information

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    How about a wine glass!
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Maybe use it in kitchen? Probably to small there! I can return them.
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

Those look nice & comfy.

• terry toon
    8 år siden
    You crack me up with the wine glass! Well I like the one table where it is, do you? And yes too small for the kitchen. In there a round one might be better.
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

Now curtains to match the new pillows in any of the colors.

• terry toon
    8 år siden
    That old chair might be throwing things off because it is so tall compared to the new sofa. It might be making the table seem smaller.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Lol! I put that there just for you haha. Ya I like the small one, but by the chaise it does look funny. They don't have a round one. I've been looking at red ottomans online. I probably need a bigger one. I put this chest there to see the size and it's really small. I put the chest in the kitchen too and looks like I need a round or square one.

I feel like there's a lot missing still.

Happy yes they are comfortable. My husbands been in them way more than I ever thought:)
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    If you get a red ottoman you might need red pillows. Then you have to ask yourself what color chair will look nice with the red. If you go with red I would not get a yellow chair, I might go with brown or beige.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I agree! I probably won't get red. There are to many shades of red and to get pillows to blend will be a mess for me I'm sure. I looked everywhere today and no luck! Oh well. It's so hard to shop where I live:(
  • terry toon
    8 år siden
    You have that great sofa and those great chairs, so it must not be too hard! It probably feels overwhelming because you basically have the whole house to do. Maybe just focus on the wine room for now and get you a nice round table.
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Lol ya maybe I should. I've had to order everything online, but luckily I've had good luck with that. I got these tables at Marshalls. You just never know what your going to get there!
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I've been looking at art again, so I thought I'd post a few I like. They are all so different therefore I don't know how any of them would go together. I'm looking at the tv wall and between the windows. Is there anyway any of these or something like these would work? Thanks so much:)
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Some more
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks again!
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

I like the tree one the best.

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks Happyleg! So if I went with the tree one what would I look to go on tv wall? I swear I'm awful at this stuff:(
  • poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Ok guess scratch my art ideas lol! They don't seem to go or they are to odd! I feel like I'm starting to get an eclectic look. I don't know if that's good or bad:/ I had this church pew that I didn't want to get rid of so I redid it in a red from the rugs. I didn't know if I could use it somewhere in the house? I put it behind the sofa for now until I decide if I can use it or not. It was from a church that my husbands parents left him when they passed. I'd always thought I'd use it for one side of a dining table, but I didn't do a dining room. Now I'm trying to see if it would work somewhere! I guess if it doesn't we can use it on our covered back porch. Anyone have any ideas for me?
  • happyleg
    8 år siden

You could use it at the entry! I do love the red in your place!

• happyleg
    8 år siden

Art could go between windows the wall near kitchen entry. Or above yellow dresser or can be the birch trees.

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Happyleg thanks! I'll look at the entry for pew, but I don't think there's room for it:(
  • terry toon
    8 år siden

The pew and some colorful pillows for the covered porch. Don't give up on the art for your great room! Art is a very personal choice, don't try to match the rug, and nothing is off limits. Get something you and your husband love and don't look back!

• poshky
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Terry thanks for the support I'll keep looking:)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.