tbchic

Which would you choose?

tbchic
8 år siden
Which appeals most to you and why? Having issues deciding and finding measurements to fit my odd space. These are 2 possible contenders

Thank you

(28) kommentarer

• thelambs5
    8 år siden

They are both beautiful !

I'd go with the first one. The wood trim along the bottom

and the height clearance from the floor look more refined and "higher end".

Neither is trendy at all, but the first can go more easily from contemporary to traditional. IMHO...

Are the cushions firm enuf that you won't be constantly straightening and fluffing ?

I just got a new sofa, and hugely important to me were : quality of cushions (denser=better) and a tight back.

I wanted it to be super comfy, but I knew if the cushions always looked squashed or if I was constantly straightening them,

it would make me nuts!

Here is what I purchased !

The sofa I replaced, I kept for SO

long, because I had it completely re-done about 15 years ago. The darn guy did such a good job I could never justify getting rid of it! The cushions were beautiful, soft but dense. He swapped out 3 back cushions and 3 seat cushions for 2 of each. So less going on visually and ridiculously good quality ! 15 years later and I still sold it to my neighbor!

To me, less going on visually may give you longevity.

Oh, and off-white couch...

just say yes to the fabric warranty ! I think I paid $150 for the extra warranty.

The day before my sofa arrived, I dumped Diet Pepsi on it and rubbed it in!

lol.... it came right out with a damp cloth !

tbchic thanked thelambs5
  • thelambs5
    8 år siden

upon closer look, # 1 looks far more expensive, esp due to the shape of the cushions and the piping.

if they are close in price, I vote #1.

tbchic thanked thelambs5
  • Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
    8 år siden

To me, number 1 looks casual and 2 looks modern and crisp. Since I like modern, I'd pick the 2nd. I spend more money on couches and they last longer. I got an original mid century modern from a second hand store and had it reupholstered. It's lasted me 15 years but my cats have done quite a job on the corners! My sister gets a new couch every few years and she likes them very trendy. Depends on your taste and lifestyle.

tbchic thanked Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
  • gella81
    8 år siden

#2 - looks sharp and sophisticated, nice modern shape.

The oddly shaped corner cushion on the first one looks weird. It also looks a bit sloppy with all the cutoffs to accommodate handles.

• Tems
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I don't care for either. I like the lines on the second one more but its rather bulky, I like more legs. But both are better than most what you see people bring to their homes(recliner sectionals,should be outlawed)) lol

tbchic thanked Tems
  • Missy Bee
    8 år siden
    Furniture likes and dislikes are so personal and you will be living with it. Visitors won't be critiquing your sofa unless it is horribly uncomfortable. I love the first sofa myself but I saw some commenters didn't. That is to be expected and why you should just go with your own preference. I did not see any comments that were definitive reasons to chose one over the other.
    tbchic thanked Missy Bee
  • Diane Land
    8 år siden

The first one- the legs lift it off the floor and give it a less boxy and informal look.

tbchic thanked Diane Land
  • pitbulls
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

The arms on the first one are not as high and that makes it look more comfortable to me. Both are nice though

• susanalanandwrigley
    8 år siden
    I prefer the first because of the angled corner seat which increases usable seating and I also like the legs better.
  • kate_dreams
    8 år siden

I like the first.

• nadd2
    8 år siden

#1 because it is both more elegant and cozier-looking. Although comfort and price are factors.

but they are both very nice. And, since you won't be having both in your room so people can compare, I don't think anyone will second guess your choice!

• Architectural Notice
    8 år siden

I like the first one also.

• PRO
    skrboyd
    8 år siden
    My preference is #2. I like the single seat cushions and the streamlined look. It appears that two could stretch out on it more comfortably than on #1 - always a plus! Add some accent pillows and a cozy throw and it will be every bit as warm and inviting as #1! Good luck!
  • blonde08
    8 år siden
    thelambs5 may I ask where you purchased you sofas?
  • tbchic
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you all for your input! I agree with everything each of you said and it definitely helps confirm what I was thinking.

The other issue I have is the 1st pic is PB and 2nd is RH. Both do not get great reviews on quality. I have looked into Lee Industries, but they don't do custom sizing on the pieces that I like from them; since my room is odd shaped I am very limited. Can anyone recommend manufacturers that I can look into that may have similar styles with quality?

thelambs5 - I love your new couch and the color/fabric...looks high quality.

Thanks again!

• Carolina
    8 år siden
    Crate & Barrel and Room & Board have similar style sofas
  • thelambs5
    8 år siden

my couch is by hickory chair...

order thru a furniture store or design center.

cant remember the name off the top of my head,. but it is similar to one they make called olivier

• krandvpc
    8 år siden

Monarch Sofas makes custom sizes--worth checking out

http://www.monarchsofas.com/sizingandlayouts.html

• ispoildogs
    8 år siden

American Leather has a sectional that looks very much like the first one you show above. They offer many fabric choices in addition to leather, the quality is quite good, and they are American made. Click the link: American Leather

tbchic thanked ispoildogs
  • texasboykin
    8 år siden
    I like the first one!
  • PRO
    KHB Interiors
    8 år siden
    HI

If I had to pick I would also go with number 1.

If you contact a local designer we have several trade only sources that can offer a completely custom sectional.

Best of luck !

KHB Interiors New Orleans
  • Jamie Schroeder
    8 år siden

Personally, both couches have a couple of issues. More importantly, you really should buy quality and it will look nice for a very long time. Just last year, we renovated our family room and we bought a sectional couch for the very first time. We too struggled with all the different styles, but bought one that is "transitional" and is a Flex-Steel. Flex-Steel is a very reputable brand. Excellent quality and several different styles. I would take a look at them!

• PRO
    Diane Whalen Architect
    8 år siden
    The first one floats a bit more with the taller legs....will make the room look more spacious, if that is an issue. It is my personal preference for this reason, as well because of the wood accent along the bottom.
  • User
    8 år siden
    Are you set on a sectional? Have you taken careful measurements of your room. Houzz is full of dilemmas of people buying huge sectionals and the nightmares of working around them, especially in a small room. Make sure you have enough room for traffic flow once all of your other pieces are in place.
    Often a sofa and two chairs is a much more desirable seating arrangement. Gives just as many seats and is less bulky and imposing.
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    8 år siden
    I never buy a sofa or chair I haven't sat in first. If it doesn't pass the comfort test, appearance is moot. I may see something online at IKEA or Stressless, but will not purchase until I know it is comfortable, fits style and budget, and is practical.
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    8 år siden
    FWIW, hate the top style where seat cushion protrudes past arm. Have something similar. Seat constantly slides out, have to raise back and slide seat cushion back.
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    8 år siden

I would do the bottom style. However, I would use the same seat configuration as the back cushions.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.