lucidsouza

Closet Lighting Solution

I need to provide a solution for a client's concern about her closet lighting. Its common to them to find out that the lights stayed on all day (or several days when they travel) because the doors didn't close completely when they were rushing out. These lights are low voltage spots set on jamb switches. The doors are full height on pivot hinges and ball catches. Any ideas on an attractive door closer or some type of timer or sensor that shuts the light after a while?

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

Switch to LEDs and who cares if they are left on.

• onthefence
    8 år siden

Is there a way to add or convert to an occupancy sensor? We have a couple rooms where we've added this. The light automatically comes on when I enter and shuts off after a specified number of minutes when there is no one moving in the room.

One is in the laundry room where the pets are fed. Makes life h*ll on the daschund!

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Onthefence, love your idea motion light sensors ;0).

• tw123456
    8 år siden

That sounds great, I am going to look into that kind of sensor, is it something a pro would have to install?

• onthefence
    8 år siden

Nope ;-) No pro - husband installed ours and I RARELY encourage him to do anything with electrical. It's a matter of getting the right switch at the big box store. The timer has a range of time it will stay on after it senses no more activity. You can go as low as a minute and I think the max for ours is 15 minutes.

• PRO
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.