raesunflower

Can't create kerb appeal

raesunflower
8 år siden
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can improve the front of my house. I'm not sure whether to remove the ivy because it'll leave a horrible mess. I am also unhappy about the current access to the front door, because the drive is open, other people's debris ends up in my front garden. I was thinking of creating a footpath but I just don't know. I've made costly mistakes inside and don't want to do the same here.

(8) kommentarer

• alant1000
    8 år siden
    I would definitely get rid of the ivy, cut the height of the hedge down and perhaps put up a new fence or freshen up the current one once the ivy is off. Then paint the outside of the house a different colour such as cream.
  • orlac2
    8 år siden

I would also remove the ivy and paint the fence. These two alone will make a huge difference to the curb appeal. Good luck

• raesunflower
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for your advice. I will remove the ivy, paint the fence and bring down the hedge. I will put up a picture when it's done and look forward to further suggestions.
  • PRO
    Taylor Made Gardening
    8 år siden

I would agree with removing the ivy, I would also try to paint the garage door and fence the same colour, maybe a sage? Bring the hedge down about halfway and look to grow some wisteria around the entrance or the top of the garage? Hope this helps.

• ianthy
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Def agree the ivy has to go - then you can clean up the wall. Lots of great ideas here - you could also change the front door to one the newer coloured UPVC doors. My sister fitted a deep blue door with chrome fittings, plus painted her garage door the same colour - it has really lifted the front of her home.

• Dundrum 16
    7 år siden
    I agree the hedge needs shaped and cared for. Could I suggest before you decide on the ultimate height you consider privacy? I'm in a rented bungalow while I build, and though I have a fabulous view of the Mountains of Mourne, everyone walking past has a fabulous view in! (With that view blinds are not an option.) if my hedge were 30cm higher it would be bliss.
  • PRO
    The Bulb Co
    7 år siden

Hi, only just come across this post now so have you managed to remove the ivy and paint your fences yet as would be good to see what you have done! Another thing you could also think about would be adding some outdoor lighting, perhaps some lanterns which are very popular sellers for us. Many of these are also available with built in PIR Sensors so are also a good security feature for you home too.

A couple of examples are below for you but our range can be viewed here:

Wall Lanterns or ones with PIR Sensors here Wall Lights with PIR Sensors

Saxby 49883 Inova E27 GLS Wall Light IP44 Outdoor Wall Lantern · Mere information

Saxby 49945 LED Inova PIR Wall Light IP44 · Mere information

Please let us know though if you would like any more information and I'll be happy to help! I wouldn't worry about rubbish coming in from outside though as no matter what you do this is going to happen anyway! We have gates on our driveway at home and rubbish still manages to find its way in!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.