temcgill

Need suggestions for bring color to dining room

temcgill
8 år siden

Need help with bringing colors of great room rug (that I love) into the dining room. Both the sectional and the dining room chairs are celery green (one of the colors in the rug) and I previously covered only the back of the dining room chairs. I feel like I need to find a fabric/print to recover them to tie with the quatrefoil pattern in the rug but not sure if it will be over kill on that pattern. Love the teal and rust colors in the rug but not sure how to tie them in.

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

Love the fabric on the chairs do it on them all and then choose a color from there to get drapes in a faux silk and much fuller than what you have I can’t tell what is in the right corner looks spooky to me. I would get brighter art work and I might be tempted to get a new rug that is the right size for the LR and use that one somewhere else and use the colors from the DR chairs for pillows on the sofa one of these colors in a shag rug would look awesome

temcgill thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • temcgill
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks for the input...that's actually a silk tree in right corner and your are right, the artwork in the dining room needs to be brighter and I'm working on just that. The curtains are the same as the ones in the great room just without the tassel but since the dining room window wall is the first wall you see from the front door I want it to pop....nicer curtains would be great too.

• temcgill
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Patricia, do you think quatrefoil chair backs or curtains would be overkill...and maybe a smaller coffee table?

• PRO
    IM-KM
    8 år siden

Perhaps add a border of trim to your curtains in one of those colors you want to bring over. It will add color without over saturating the room with it. Browse this search for ideas and examples: http://www.houzz.com/photos/query/curtain-ribbon-trim

temcgill thanked IM-KM
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.