Sharon
8 år siden
Will the roots grow into the wall?
Nichols in Bloom · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Wild by Design
    8 år siden

Hi Swin, The tree is a Bigtooth Maple. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_grandidentatum We choose the Bigtooth because in that location it will only grow to be about 20' to 25' at maturity and it provide great fall color. The root base is below the wall, so there will not be any root penetration through the wall. Before we planted the tree we excavated a hole about 6' deep to allow for root growth before the tree has to move into the heavily clay and flagstone subsurface. The home foundation was blasted from a cliff overlooking Lyons, so we've built the gardens like they're very big pots and added nearly 30 cu. yds of planters mix to the garden between the stone walls and the cliff face. The walls are designed as seat walls and the columns are table height to add more available table space during parties. I hope this answers your question.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.