clikmania

Which colour for kitchen cabinets??

clikmania
8 år siden
I really am stuck! Any advice welcome. My kitchen floor is timber as photo here, I am thinking of the brown stone benchtop - which of these two colours should I go with for the cabinets or should I go a shade lighter?? I don't want white thou :) Thank you!!

(18) kommentarer

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    8 år siden

They're both so close you could almost toss a coin. Natural light into the area could be the deciding factor. Brown bench top looks great against the floor boards!

clikmania thanked MB Design & Drafting
  • dohraime
    8 år siden
    I vote for the Peruvian clay.
    clikmania thanked dohraime
  • menotu
    8 år siden

+1 Peruvian Clay

clikmania thanked menotu
  • clikmania
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    THANK YOU! Not too dark then?
    I thought the Sorrell so good to see others thoughts!
    Anyone else?!! :) Thank you
  • Serena
    8 år siden

I too for the peruvian clay.! Just my POV but the sorrel looks a bit cold grayish and mightn't go very well with the brown benchtop. the peruvian clay is more neutral i think!

clikmania thanked Serena
  • clikmania
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you MB design - there are two large kitchen Windows so plenty of natural light - see photo of existing kitchen - going with same galley layout but handle less - good to know bench top is in the right track! Thanks!
  • haephestus
    8 år siden

Hmmmm. Do you want to highlight the brown tones or grey tones from the benchtop? Sorrel looks pretty "grey" in the sample. But, Peruvian Clay looks more "brown/beige".

I'd be inclined to go with Peruvian Clay. Lovely floors BTW!

clikmania thanked haephestus
  • clikmania
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks harphestus-the grey doesn't look as grey in reality and the other is more beige (p.clay) which makes me wary it'll look dated sooner - I am trying to avoid the floor looking too orangy!

• clikmania
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks Victerrace - I must admit - I had thought the same - I suppose I was concerned that because it was more on trend it may date quickly too - what do you think?

• victerrace
    8 år siden

I think it won't date as it is a neutral. How can Peruvian clay date less? Its beige! Hasn't it already dated? Now Im looking at it again… I just think the clay is boring ..but thats just me. I think you have to go with your heart.. and not worry what other people think. Think of the ambience you want to create. Why are you changing the kitchen in the first place?

• clikmania
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks Victerrace! We are changing the kitchen to get kid of a large panty cupboard, not needed and create more worktop space. I also want to have handle-less units, a new dishwasher and extractor! I've been resisting white cabinets but now rethinking and looking at pale grey and whites as at least they won't date so quickly - what do you think??
  • victerrace
    8 år siden

Im thinking white is too stark with the bench top material. exploring the pale grey palette seems a good choice to me. is there any suitability to do any colour blocking with grey and white… a different colour on either side? .. or would the space appear too busy or smaller than it is? What colour are the appliances? stainless steel? white? or are they going to be faced with the laminate and then be hidden? I still think white is not right with the floor and bench top. Too stark . I prefer grey to beige. Softer.

• clikmania
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you Victerrace-I think white is stark too but I'll change the colour of the bench top too to go with a similar colour maybe. The fridge & hood are both silver, the ovens & hob black and the dishwasher is hidden....
  • dohraime
    8 år siden

You could go darker on cabinets if there's a colour that appeals to you. I think grey can work also, but the Sorrel sample above looks blue-grey to me. A blue tone would emphasise any orange tones in flooring as they are contrast colours.

Do they have bigger laminate samples?

• User
    8 år siden
    Have you thought of giving to the floor a gray stain before redo the kitchen ?
  • PRO
    Design Fusion
    8 år siden
    Have a look at Platinum Micro.
  • PRO
    Allstar Kitchen and Bathroom Design
    8 år siden

Hi - is your stone bench top Quantum Quartz 'Amazon'?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.