dinger_dream_home

Seriously, what on earth am I going to do with that?

Tabatha Dinger
8 år siden
I'm sure that the pictures speak volumes as to what my problem is, but in case you missed it it's this awful sink in my not so master bedroom. Plus to add to it I have a window that makes it impossible for me to put up a wall to cover it up. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how put up a wall that wont look completely ridiculous meeting up to window that I can't remove. Please HELP!

(12) kommentarer

• PRO
    Reach Design
    8 år siden

Why Can't you remove the window? It's hard to tell if there is any other solution without seeing the floor plan, but from what you posted the only (good) solution would be to reframe and move the window (to the left.)

• Rina
    8 år siden

If at all possible in terms of what you need, you might sacrifice the shower and put the vanity/basin area there, and remove the offending object outside that door. It's an extraordinary arrangement, isn't it?

• Tabatha Dinger
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    The window is on the front of our home. So trying to move it makes the outside of our look ridiculous. Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on how to cover it up so that I can extend the wall to tge vanity with and have it make a doorway. Like these below. We've opened the space up only to realize that we still have to find a way to close it off since the shower and toilet will be in the open without. Tge room is now going to be a 12 year old boys bedroom and he doesn't want it completely open.
  • Tabatha Dinger
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    The window is on the front of our home. So trying to move it makes the outside of our look ridiculous. Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on how to cover it up so that I can extend the wall to tge vanity with and have it make a doorway. Like these below. We've opened the space up only to realize that we still have to find a way to close it off since the shower and toilet will be in the open without. The room is now going to be a 12 year old boys bedroom and bathroom, he doesn't want it completely open.
  • aaronsgifford1984
    8 år siden

Put the door to the toilet and tub on a sliding track .. track being on inside by toilet and make a creative partition to seperate sink and bedroom

• aaronsgifford1984
    8 år siden

Track door

• Rawketgrl
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Build a wall that covers the side of the vanity and has a header over the new 'door' opening (it will meet over the window). Then you can mount a sliding barn door to it. It keeps the front of the house the same as it is now. It allows you to remove the door to the shower/toilet area while blocking off the view to the same area. Granted the door will not lock because when in closed position it will just be 'resting' on the window trim but so what? It's not like it is a main bathroom. Just put a lock on the bedroom door. One that you can open with a little pokie thing just in case...

Your other option would be a curtain.

barn doors can solve some problems...

• Cheryl Smith
    8 år siden

is that last picture the room down to the studs? It looks like your window really is 2 windows with a combined trim. could your sliding door option be used to actually "divide" them in 2 at the joining molding.

• emmarene9
    8 år siden

It looks like someone added a bathroom where it really did not fit. If you want to still have the bathroom, you might try the smallest sink that will look reasonable. A pedestal would look less bulky.

• PRO
    Montdor Interiors - Shaila Gottlieb
    8 år siden

You could keep the window on the left as a functioning window, and mount the blinds inside the frame...you'll need 2 new pairs of blinds. Then drywall over the window closest to the bathroom. It will still look like a window from the outside. Remove the existing door to the bathroom and add a sliding barn door.

• Tabatha Dinger
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Since the wall doesn't meet the trim in the middle of the window so it evenly separates with a barn door then I think the suggestion of taking off tge trim and building a new overhang to mount a sliding door to would be the best option. Then I could try and hide the part of the window that it meets up to with a curtain, like it's not there at all. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.