ramya_nath

Need help for my fireplace

Ramya Nath
8 år siden

Hello,

My builder would be making my great room like in pic(16x18 room), but instead of windows and quarter windows besides fire place i want to put shelves in modern style.

Please give some ideas.

(4) kommentarer

• Rina
    8 år siden

Do you want a more modern fireplace, too, or are you sticking with the traditional style in the photo?

• PRO
    Montdor Interiors - Shaila Gottlieb
    8 år siden

Do you want storage under the shelves or floating shelves? Are you making the fireplace go all the way to the ceiling?

• PRO
    Montdor Interiors - Shaila Gottlieb
    8 år siden

If you decide to go with floating shelves, I'd stagger them, to make it more interesting. But since it's a great room you'll need storage, so you could go with something like this. You can't see from this angle, but the backs of the open helves are painted coral.

Spring Garden · Mere information

Ramya Nath thanked Montdor Interiors - Shaila Gottlieb
  • decoenthusiaste
    8 år siden

I think with the style of your fireplace, you should stick with traditional built-in cabinetry. They will add the most value when it comes to resale, and they will be more useful to you than floating shelves. Light them up while you're at it.

Urban Townhome Living Room · Mere information

A Newport Beach, Port Nelson Nantucket Charmer · Mere information

Ramya Nath thanked decoenthusiaste
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.