brooke_dart

kitchen remodel !!

Brooke Dart
8 år siden
it seems I'm an expert in decorating everyone's house except my own, particularly the kitchen. we just repainted the walls. I can't decide on back splash, although I have some ideas, or countertops ! please help :(

(9) kommentarer

• Brooke Dart
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I thought about doing something different behind the stove, but I'm not too sure how it would look with the layout. I was considering butcher block for my countertops, but not sure it would flow well with my wall color. the color didn't quite turn out the way I thought :(
    its like a deep-medium gray but almost has a bluish hue to it
  • PRO
    Soapstone Werks
    8 år siden

That can happen sometimes depending on the grey. Butcher blocks are really pretty and would still go! Since it is wood you wouldn't want to do that for splash. You could do a grey tile for the splash and it would go with the wall color. I always love glass and marble tile but they are starting to do ceramic tile that comes in beautiful patterns that are really cool looking. If you want references give me call.

• Brooke Dart
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I'm not sure I follow groveraxle
  • jhmarie
    8 år siden

You have a duplicate post - that happens sometimes. Try to delete the other if possible. If the walls did not turn out how you want, consider a different color or lighter gray. Depending on where you live, that might be too dark for a cheerful kitchen. It has been gray and gloomy here in the midwest about 2/3 of the days since the middle of December - I couldn't take walls that dark. Your window treatments block a lot of light too. Do you like a nod toward cottage in your decor? I ask because of the breadboard backsplash you have now. If so lighten up the wall color and curtains. Then your wood countertops will work better. White subway is a simple cottage look too - as well as traditional. Tin tile or tin look panels or wallpaper is a budget cottage backsplash or if you use real tin, could work behind the stove.

• Brooke Dart
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    no I hate the beadboard lol ! that's what was here when we bought it. I want it gone ! I can't decide between white subway tiles or the little glass mosaic tiles.... like the peel and stick. and I was thinking about using roman shades ?
  • Brooke Dart
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    so you can paint the tin sheets ?
  • jhmarie
    8 år siden

Yes you can paint them but I don't know too much about them. There are different products from true tin tiles to sheets that look like tin tiles and also a tin tile look paintable textured wallpaper. I started to look into them as a possible temporary low cost backsplash till I could get new countertops, but I think I am within 6 month of now being able to finish my own mini refresh and get new counters and backsplash. I have been looking for a countertop that I love and then for a backsplash that goes with it. Because I have wood cabinets, I need to be careful about everything looking too busy, so I am not considering the little glass tiles - but they would work with your white cabinets. Personally, the glass tiles are not my style, but I have seen some very pretty backsplashes made from them.

I found a pretty quartz called Flaked Pearl at Menard's. I believe it is also LG quartz White Pearl through a kitchen design center. It is very reasonable through Menard's, but you need to find your own installer. If I use this I will probably use a white subway tile and Kohler Whitehaven short apron front sink - can be used on a standard cabinet.

With your white cabinets you can go darker on the counter if you want or use wood, and add some color to the tile if you want. I love some of the white kitchens I have seen on House of Turquoise blog. http://www.houseofturquoise.com

Flaked Pearl:

A pretty wall paint is Sherwin Williams Sea Salt. It looks blue or gray or green depending on the light.

SW Sea Salt:

Roman Shades would be great:

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.