mulhede

Need help with my bathroom,

mulhede
8 år siden

I need some decorating tips for my bathroom. Cannot afford to gutt it, but sure needs some sprucing up. Any ideas would be great. I love the greys tones

(14) kommentarer

• Jillian - Interior design student
    8 år siden

Consider trimming out the mirror with a satin nickel or other silver type frame.

mulhede thanked Jillian - Interior design student
  • PRO
    Greater Dayton Building & Remodeling
    8 år siden

You could group some artwork on the wall to the right of the vanity. Three pieces, one on top of each other would work nicely. You could also make changes that would lighten up the space as well as add interest, such as adding a new shower curtain in a lighter color with a fresh design. Repaint in a beautiful gray color: Sherwin Williams Collonade Gray is a nice one that goes with just about everything. Then, to create balance, a coordinating valance or fabric roller shade could be added to the window. You have a wonderful space with good storage (love the floor!) so it shouldn't take much to make it look stylish - good luck!

mulhede thanked Greater Dayton Building & Remodeling
  • mulhede
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Love your ideas thanks, will let you know he results

• acm
    8 år siden

Can't tell from this how much change you're looking for. For example, you could paint your vanity cabinets white and then find a mild greige paint for the walls. Work from the floor tiles to pick your tones.

mulhede thanked acm
  • mulhede
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Yes, I can definitely paint the cabinets. Thanks

• anniebird
    8 år siden
    Could you do a new countertop withan undermount sink? The drop in dates the space (imho!)
    mulhede thanked anniebird
  • mulhede
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Not in my budget, but it sure is a thought. We just purchased this house in the spring and the countertop is fairly new. Surely will keep it in mind, thanks

• Terry
    8 år siden

Change the mirror, rug and curtain. Buy a rug that mimics something you may have picked up while traveling. Once you change the mirror and rug you can find a shower curtain that will follow the same feel.

mulhede thanked Terry
  • PRO
    Mineral Kitchen and Bath Design
    8 år siden

This bathroom doesn't need a tear out--it's got a lot of great things about it. Your tile is the star here. Paint the walls almost grey-white, love the art idea to the right of the vanity, and painting the vanity is an easy idea too. The mirror is only a problem because glue-on vanity mirrors scream builder-grade. I'm sure it's functioning great for you. A framed mirror would really dress up the room for not much money, as well as a roman shade for the window.

mulhede thanked Mineral Kitchen and Bath Design
  • mulhede
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Love the ideas, thanks

• mulhede
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Beautiful

• Tami Strouth
    8 år siden

My master bath has the exact same layout as this. Can I ask where your door is or could you show a pic facing the other direction? Love the colors. I am looking to update mine too. Thanks

mulhede thanked Tami Strouth
  • PRO
    User
    8 år siden

Maybe updating the faucets and hardware could help here?

Rincon Bay 45 Series - San Francisco Chic · Mere information

Miramar 48 Series - Timeless Elegance · Mere information

StyleTherm - The Complete Luxury Shower Solution · Mere information

mulhede thanked User
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.