lima

Dining Room Chairs

Kate
8 år siden
Hi, I need two more chairs for my table, but can't find any that match exactly so was thinking about adding two different captains chairs on the end and would like your help.

Do you think I should get 6 new chairs that match?
Two captains chairs? If so, what should they look like, suggestions for color, print and style much appreciated.

We just moved in about 6 months ago and still trying to make my furniture work in this space. Open to all comments, so don't hold back.

(28) kommentarer

• susan2494
    8 år siden

I would get host chairs for the ends as they do not have to match the other chairs. Do you have an accessories color that you are using or is everything neutral?

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I have lime green chairs in the adjacent living room, but I'm planning on having them slip covered in a neutral color. So I'm going to say neutral colors. Do you think the captains chairs should be black, brown, white, gray, or a print?
  • susan2494
    8 år siden

I was thinking something like this in a print. Will look good with the solid neutral but less of a contrast, bring some color in and some interest.

http://www.pier1.com/Hourglass-Dining-Chair---Drift-Blue/3028103,default,pd.html?cgid=dining-chairs#nav=top&start=1&sz=120&showAll=193

Pier 1 has several chairs you might like.

Kate thanked susan2494
  • leelee
    8 år siden

Wondering if you've ever tried centering the picture on its wall with the tray table directly underneath? I see that you've tried to center it with the dining table but it might look better centered on the wall.

• PRO
    Rove Concepts
    8 år siden

Don't think you need to get a whole new set of chairs - two complementing host chairs with arms would looks really great with your set up! Good luck!

Kate thanked Rove Concepts
  • leelee
    8 år siden

Just two chairs. A fun print would be interesting. Or two fabrics mixed like these. Obviously, not this style of chair or these bright fabrics for your neutral room.

Kate thanked leelee
  • Maureen
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I would incorporate beige fabric to tie in with the others, but if you went with black wood and a different shape, it might be interesting. The chair below from RH mimics the shape of your chair backs (comes in other wood tones) and it's important to either have them much higher or the exact height and would stay away from trying to match up too closely or going too far in the other direction. There are a lot of great options at RH (and they are on sale). https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?parentCatId=cat1840042&categoryId=cat280016&sale=false

• PRO
    Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
    8 år siden

Contrast host chairs, with pattern! something like this could be awesome...Larkin host chair

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hi Leelee, the tray table isn't staying as there isn't enough room. The bump out is actually part of the dining room wall. I tried centering the picture in the space in between, but it just looks off. I like symmetry and this space is anything but symmetrical:-(

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Michelle, those chairs are lovely, but would the white work with my beige chairs?

• PRO
    8 år siden

For some dining room settings with contrast host chair examples-
    Click this!

Kate thanked Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • Kendrah
    8 år siden

I am curious how often you seat six at this table? I think it will look very crowded on a daily basis with six chairs. I would vote to have four chairs on a daily basis, oriented two across from each other, leaving the ends empty. (I have this in my dining room and it really helps make the space look bigger.)

I would then consider getting two chairs that can be usefully placed in other areas of your home and brought to the table when you have six for dinner. I would go with a neutral color similar to what you already have, that way they can be used anywhere.

• PRO
    8 år siden

Kate - sorry, I thought I posted an image with this fabric on it

fabric for host chairs

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Maureen, I like the chairs, but I'm thinking they might be more traditional than I want to go. I would rather go to the modern side if possible.

• PRO
  • susan2494
    8 år siden

Kate thanked susan2494
  • Maureen
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

If you like modern, adding in some leather or even a leather chair may work and you could stain the legs to match your others. I had another idea...what about a bench or a sette with the 4 chairs you have?

Safavieh Becca Dining Chair, Antique Gold And Brown Leather · Mere information
    Notting Hill Townhouse · Mere information

My Houzz: Elegant DIY Updates for a 1970s Dallas Home · Mere information

Kate thanked Maureen
  • Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I like the leather idea. Should they be black or some other color?

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Michelle, I like that pattern. Is it black or brown?

• PRO
    Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist
    8 år siden

Try these examples:

Millcroft Residence Living Room & Dining Room · Mere information

Transitional Remodel · Mere information

Modern Glamour · Mere information

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Angelica, I really like the skirted chairs with the pattern. Do you know where they are from?
  • PRO
    8 år siden

Kate - that fabric comes in black and cream, and several other colors. - That chair can be done in leather, and also has a slipcover available

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Michelle, may make the trip to EA to check it out.

• PRO
    8 år siden

Those chairs are likely in the lobby, and slipcovered - but you will be able to sit in them, which is essential! Let me know which EA you go to - I might have a designer to intro you to!

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Most likely the EA in Centennial, CO

• Kate
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Do you think these chairs will work even though the fabric isn't the same but may be close?
  • PRO
    8 år siden
    When you do a different style of chair for a host chair, it's better to contrast, rather than use something that's close- but not quite... That way it's a purposeful choice, rather than what can look like an after thought.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.