apexnet

Dining Area Lights

Ramona Jackson
8 år siden
Hi - I am going to change the chandelier above my dining table. Was thinking of putting in 2 of the large Clarissa chandeliers. What do you think will look better? One large one or 2 large ones? I have a very high ceiling and all recessed lights - no other hanging lights. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Sorry for the mess around the dining table!

(18) kommentarer

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    8 år siden

What is the size of your dining table? Dining room?

Ramona Jackson thanked Sativa McGee Designs
  • Ramona Jackson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Dining table is 45x94
    Dining area opens out to living area and front door it's about 130x145
  • PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    8 år siden

I would absolutely do the two medium lights evenly spaces: it will be in better proportion to the size of the table and height of the room.

• PRO
    JDC Remodeling, LLC
    8 år siden

We installed the medium light for a client after she purchased it, but found that the light was too small for the space. She had very tall ceilings, but not quite as large of a space as you have. She had us move the smaller one to the foyer, and then we installed the larger one over her table. I can understand the desire to use two lights, but if this is something you intend to attempt yourself, it may be more than you want to tackle. If you have a textured ceiling, it would require patching and matching the existing texture and then running electric to the two new locations. A much better solution would be to use a longer, more rectangle light similar to those others have posted. With this method, you can use the existing electrical location and still have the light make a more substantial statement. Also, make sure you have the proper support in the ceiling to hold whatever light you install. Best of luck!

Ramona Jackson thanked JDC Remodeling, LLC
  • Ramona Jackson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks all! This is very helpful. I am leaning toward the double chandelier. Sativa Jaeger - do you think 2 of the large size 56 diameter total (28 diameter each) would be too big for the room /table?

What is the ideal height for hanging calculated from the table top?

• Ramona Jackson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks JDC - I would have a professional install it. I do like the look of the rectangular ones and was thinking of that initially but somehow the potter barn designer didn't think it would go with my space. this is the one i had liked

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/adeline-rectangular-crystal-chandelier/?pkey=cchandeliers&&cchandeliers

the large one is almost 50 inches wide so it would be quite substantial. what do you think? this would look better than 2 chandelier's? installing/texture etc is not a problem as i have an excellent contractor. just want to get it right the first time so i don't have to re-do :)

Really appreciate all the help - thank you!!!!

• PRO
    JDC Remodeling, LLC
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

This light would be great! With the black, it would coordinate with your railing and still has the bling.

Ramona Jackson thanked JDC Remodeling, LLC
  • dooders1981
    8 år siden
    I think the Clarissa is not in style with your meditaranian raises etc. I think a simpler, iron, oil rubbed bronze or black would be better and yes MUCH larger in scale than you have now with it hanging much closer to top of the table. Perhaps one large oval is best? In addition if you are going to spend thousands on a new light clean up the dining room and make it pretty. Shouldn't have a tablecloth on your table unless you are ready to sit down to dinner. Nothing on floors. Perhaps a simple, elegant runner down middle of table and a simple, beautiful shaped shallow bowl in the middle?
    Ramona Jackson thanked dooders1981
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

Why would you purchase the ones from Pottery Barn, when the details on the ones from Overstock are better IMO and a fraction of the cost?

Ramona Jackson thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Alice Crawford
    8 år siden

That lady at Pottery Barn is about making a sale!

• Ramona Jackson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

@ Alice - this is true. Didn't get good advice at all! Houzz forum is way better!!!!!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

Here is the comparison of the two fixtures. Please note the PB fixture only has 3 bulbs, where the Overstock fixture has 10 bulbs.

Ramona Jackson thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    8 år siden

If you are willing and able to go with the rectangular chandelier (adeline) it would pull the space together. The large sounds like it would be the perfect size for the room: make sure that the base of the chandelier is mounted at least 60" off the ground.

• Ramona Jackson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

@ Sativa so you think the rectangular would be better than the 2 clarissa chandeliers?

• Ramona Jackson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

wow BeverlyFLADeziner thanks so much for the images - can really see what it would look like now.

• PRO
    User
    8 år siden

It might be useful to share an image from a project we did. Notice the chandelier.

Pleasant View Court Residence, Oakville, Ontario · Mere information

Ramona Jackson thanked User
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.