rebecca_dimaggio

Flooring advise

Rebecca DiMaggio
8 år siden

I want to go to wood flooring in my new house but I have many light colored woods including shutters and same tone in my furniture. Low ceilings and not a lot of natural light. I was thinking go dark barn wood so that I don't have the lighter wood overwhelm the house but I don't know if it will close us in and make the room seem really small. I want to run it through out the bottom floor and up the stairs. Photo is at night.

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    R.D. London Studios
    8 år siden

maybe a middle tone wood color such as some of the oaks.

• visualizemaven
    8 år siden

https://www.houzz.com/photos/buckinghamshire-full-house-refurbishment-traditional-bathroom-buckinghamshire-phvw-vp~32478692

I think the floor pictured would tie together your blond wood furniture to the gray tones in your sofa in a very beautiful and pleasing way.

A dark brown wood floor would not coordinate well with your light wood shutters and dining set.

Also, is there any way you can change your front door to the same color as your shutters? There are ways to do a faux finish to match your shutters if you can't get a new door.

• Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
    8 år siden

I know you didn't ask about lighting, but ceiling light in living room is not the most flattering for people. Better choice may be a wall sconce or table lamp in each corner at chest level. Find out about various types of lighting by putting the word lighting in search box above. Among others, there's ambient (general), task (for computer desk), accent (for art).

• PRO
    JDC Remodeling, LLC
    8 år siden

I agree that you want to find something that would coordinate with the other woods in the space. I would suggest something in the middle tones that would maybe have some variation that would pull out the lighter color in your existing trim.

• PRO
    Historic Flooring LLC
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Here are a couple examples...one light wood with light trim and walls, and one is a darker wood with light trim and walls. I like the White Oak better :) -Stacey

Old Growth White Oak · Mere information

Eastern White Pine · Mere information

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    8 år siden

@Historic flooring...the white oak is exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned "wide oak" planks. Loverly. And the match to the OP's trim would be PERFECT! Exactly what I had in mind!

Of course the second photos is stunning as well...but the white oak really does the trick for the trim question.

• PRO
    Historic Flooring LLC
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

You're only guessing! I suggest we provide a nice "array" of samples, 2' long pieces with dark, light patinas, but also textured vs smooth, include a variety of species, different widths, etc... you gotta feel-it, touch-it & have ample selection to make a wise decision. - Steve

• Rebecca DiMaggio
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I like the white oak. Thank you!

• grapefruit1_ar
    8 år siden

White oak would be great! We have natural , white ash which works well with our oak. I totally agree with Elaine.....turn off the overhead lighting.

• km kane
    8 år siden
    White oak would be best, dark flooring draws the life out of a room. You can get rugs with darker colors for contrast.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.