mjlamb

Dining Room Rug

mjlamb
8 år siden
Need advice on a rug for our new dining room table. Like contemporary style. Possibly a hint of turquiose? Want something to brighten up dark floors / cabinets. Dining area is 10' 9" x 9' wall to wall. Table with no leaves in is 38 x 60. Also need advice on proper rug size.

(17) kommentarer

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8 år siden
    May i am loving your space ,may I also suggest lowering your light fixture over the table, it is too high....also you could paint your island base to break up all the dark wood in the room,perhaps when you find the rug you like you could pick a color from the rug and paint it on the island base
    mjlamb thanked Brandi Nash Hicks
  • mjlamb
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Elora Area Rug, Ash, 7'9"x9'9" · Mere information

Contemporary Silver Rug, 7'3"x9'3", Contour CON09 by Nourison Rugs · Mere information

NuLoom Cine Ascending, Lt Grey, 7'6"x9'6" Rug · Mere information

Would any of these rugs work under my table?

Trying to lighten it up a little bit.

• leelee
    8 år siden

This is West Elm. You should look for a rug that will be 2 feet wider and longer on all sides to make sure chair legs stay on the rug when chairs are pulled out. This should be measured when the table extensions are in place. Don't skimp on the size of your rug.

mjlamb thanked leelee
  • leelee
    8 år siden

mjlamb thanked leelee
  • PRO
    Steven Sears Building Company
    8 år siden

your home has LOTS of reds, browns, tans, the walls in the kitchen look a light green? so Turquoise will be a harsh contrast. A rug with creams and tans will pull those colors from the brick wall and your island bringing a balance to the rooms. This way the countertop, a wall, and the floor will each carry these tones.

mjlamb thanked Steven Sears Building Company
  • pitbulls
    8 år siden

Love the turquoise color for your space

• leelee
    8 år siden

Another from WE

• grapefruit1_ar
    8 år siden

Your home is so warm and beautiful!!

mjlamb thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    8 år siden

It might be useful to share some designs of ours with you. Notice the rugs?

935 Hermitage · Mere information

Custom Library · Mere information

Morton Grove Kitchen · Mere information

mjlamb thanked Chi Renovation & Design
  • mjlamb
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Jaipur Baroque Bernini Classic Gray BQ15 8'x11' Area Rug · Mere information
    Is something like this getting better?

• mjlamb
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Jaipur Clayton Mesh Liquorice/Nickel CLN05 8'x10' Area Rug · Mere information

Polyester Gray and Yellow Cherry Blossom Rug Border Color Steel, 7'6"x9'6" · Mere information

Loloi Lyon Collection Rug, Gray and Multi, 7'7"x10'5" · Mere information

Vista Egyptian Rug, Beige, 7'10"x9'10" · Mere information
    Do I do a pattern? Chairs have stripes and brick wall has stripes - what pattern will look best on floor?

• katinparadise
    8 år siden

Since the bricks and stripes are geometric, you want to stay with an allover pattern. I like the second and third choices in your last post. Pretty room!

mjlamb thanked katinparadise
  • mjlamb
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Flowers or no flowers?

KAS Bali 2862 Silhouette Sand 8' x 10' Rug · Mere information

• katinparadise
    8 år siden

A floral could work but maybe something a little more organic. What's your price point?

• mjlamb
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Trying to stay under $1k

• havingfun
    8 år siden

ok, 8x10 under $500, smiling at tans/browns, but lets lighten and brighten. Do not see green in kit. all seem to be same greige color. brick is not really stripes, chair stripes are so thin it is more of a material thing.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.