xstylesbathandmore

Thinking About Phones in the Bathroom

Years ago it was common to have a phone installed on the wall next to the toilet. Now that everyone uses cordless and cell phones, do you use the phone and the toilet at the same time?

Never!
Texting only
Phones can't transmit odor yet so why not!

(41) kommentarer

• havingfun
    8 år siden

ewwwwww!

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked havingfun
  • User
    8 år siden

OH sure, nothing beats talking and passing gas at the same time. I have enough hot air to go on for hours;)

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked User
  • havingfun
    8 år siden

I was trying to post a new poll you know! had to stop i was laughing so hard, could not catch my breath! Wicked, Wicked, i appear to be safe by the way!

• havingfun
    8 år siden

silly posters!

• havingfun
    8 år siden

OMG, so thankful I finished posting! You know this is why noone gets work done. We had a woman, every half hour she was going to the bathroom! finally clogged the toilet with the stupid phone.

Now that musta been a hard decision!!! lol

• Mandee Trom
    8 år siden
    I talk/text on the toilet ;D
    I live in a house built in 1990 and every toilet has a wall phone jack right next to it. I can't wait to take them out, they're so ugly.
    Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked Mandee Trom
  • User
    8 år siden

Maybe some could post their results?

• snied99
    8 år siden
    When I'm out in a public restroom with multiple stalls I just want to scream "Shut Up" when others are on their phones and doing their business. Is nothing private anymore? I don't want to be forced to listen to your petty coversations. Sorry. I know I'm showing my 58 year old self.
    Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked snied99
  • User
    8 år siden

For those of you who are pressed for time, might I recommend the Squatty Potty.

• karemore55
    8 år siden
    I have never heard of phone jacks in bathrooms? This does not sound to code? Electricity too close to water......and, oh man, that would make for a very funny obituary!
    Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked karemore55
  • PRO
    Xstyles Bath + More, Inc.
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Like some of you, I was laughing so hard I couldn't read your comments to Tanya! lmao

• havingfun
    8 år siden

I had a one bedroom apt, way back, so far back it had green (!) yes green shag carpet. This was back when the phone company had to install extensions. had a phone in every room, even in the walk in closet, 6 feet away from the bedroom one, and 8 away from the one in the bathroom! And this was back when they were all hooked to wall, talk about bad code! lol

Really, never knew which was worse, the paneling, i did not want to know why. the horrible green shag. The dog who hunted gators - in the city mind you, the fact we were sinking, or the ghost who slammed the front door twice a day.

On the plus side, we did have most of the Tampa Tarpons (Baseball team) living there. That was one really big plus!

• Depo
    8 år siden

Margo, you literally had me laughing out loud with the Jane Seymour comment! I think you nailed that one!

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked Depo
  • User
    8 år siden

Tampa Tampons? Is that part of the phone conversation too?

• User
    8 år siden

Sophie- we don't talk sports. I have never heard of the team Tampa Tampons, is it a new start up? '_"

• User
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

That team is "so last month". They were good eggs once, but too many have been discharged for striking out.

They never really got in the ball game.

(Just going with the flow) ;D

• PRO
    Inspiration Kitchen and Bath
    8 år siden

Seriously, I think the phone calls can wait til someone is out of the bathroom. I am sick and tired of seeing everyone on their phone every moment of the day!

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked Inspiration Kitchen and Bath
  • havingfun
    8 år siden

guys it is an r not an m! You know big fish, looks like a giant sardine? They were what, Jr league? Fed into the Reds, who used to spring in Tpa. I swear you all miss the point, they were partying hunks, this is what mattered, not the sports!

good to see you fred, just join the flow why don't you?

Holod, I am so with you. Except now that they are finally banning them at job sites, they keep running to the bathroom. Even less work done. Besides what if they miss that all important twitter about bieber's latest incident? the world just might end!

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Tampa Tampons, since I, like having, am from Fl. I've heard that they are stand-bys, and they only play a few days a month.

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked tw123456
  • tw123456
    8 år siden

having, shouldn't your man on the potty be called the Stinker? tehehe

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Margo, your hat reminds me of the Village People singing YMCA, LOL.

• havingfun
    8 år siden

tw, as hard as this is to believe, this is neither mine, nor MCs thread! lol

• PRO
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

hmmm. havingfun has posted 7 times. I wonder if they are posting from the toilet?

• User
    8 år siden

Havingfun, I prefer to "go with the flow" rather than "join the flow".... I believe the popular term for the latter is "syncing up", for which I am not anatomically equipt to do. ;)

• havingfun
    8 år siden

No X, i guess I am a chatty kathy, who is now attached to a wall. I do not get to chat with regular people anymore, so you guys are it. If you feel i am hogging just let me know, i will go.

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Having, no, you are not hogging, you are doing just right ;0)!

• havingfun
    8 år siden

thks TW, I really think we need to give Fred more credit for his rapier wit, maybe he will play with us more, if we appreciate him more! lol

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Hey Fred ;0).

• PRO
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

havingfun. please don't go! I get tired of all the "serious" designer threads. This was posted for fun and we were also curious about what the responses might be. I sincerely appreciate you being a big part of the convo here.

• Ann
    8 år siden

Lol:)

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked Ann
  • Trisha Goodwin
    8 år siden

Definitely not in the bathroom and hygiene questionable as well!

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked Trisha Goodwin
  • havingfun
    8 år siden

no problem x, not upset, just hate to wear out welcome. Trisha brings up a great point, which i keeping asking about in various versions. everyone is so hot on cleanliness, except for this, well and not washing their hands.

• User
    8 år siden

As someone who has installed phone jacks in bathrooms on a regular basis for more than 35 years, I can tell you that wanting to use the phone while sitting on the toilet was never the reason stated for wanting the phone jack. The majority of them were installed in bathrooms with garden tubs. Partly as a status symbol, but with other more practical reasons to justify it. The most common reason was so that someone didn't have to run through the house wet and nk'd when the phone rang in the middle of a relaxing bath. The second reason was a combination of medical issues. Since the bathroom is a major area of slip and fall accidents, it was the non-monitored version of "help! I've fallen and can't get up". People seemed to like the idea of not having to crawl so far. The other frequent medical excuse was that they would like to be able to call someone who cares to bring them something, or just get sympathy when they are too sick to leave the bathroom. Just as common as wanting a phone in the bathroom, was just wanting a place to plug in the Caller ID box, so that they knew if the call was worth rushing out of the bathroom for. I often installed two-port phone jacks in the bathrooms for this reason. Most people wanted to be very discriminating when answering the phone in the bathroom. Butt, some people were actually hoping that they would get the chance to answer a few telemarketers calls when on the toilet ;) Of course, with cell phone popularity, not to mention cordless house phones, the request for phone jacks in the bathroom has become less common.

• PRO
    Kayylö
    8 år siden

Can I say that I feel SO PRODUCTIVE when I use cell phone while sitting on the toilet? LOL

• ocotillaks
    8 år siden

In Jan 2014, i was driving back and forth from New Mexico to family in Dallas. I stopped in Tahoka, TX to use the facility in convenience store. I was in the stall finishing up and this gal came in talking on her cell phone. I was stressed out and snapped. I flushed the toilet loudly. Then, I washed my hands and used the high speed (jet engine loud) hand dryer. The gal was screaming into her phone as I left the restroom. You could hear her in the convenience store. As I left, a guy near the beer cooler grinned at me.

Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked ocotillaks
  • karemore55
    8 år siden
    Great story, ocitillaks.......score 1 for unplugged toilets everywhere!
    Xstyles Bath + More, Inc. thanked karemore55
  • havingfun
    8 år siden

maybe you could have sung like the national anthem or something? that would have doubled the fun i think.lol

• User
    8 år siden

ocotillaks- question, how do you flush the toilet loudly? Was there a volume button on the handle?

• User
    8 år siden

Absolutely nothing gets by you Margo!

• User
    8 år siden

That's why I wear the patent leather hat;)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.