jasperandmilo

Kitchen backsplash - Whatcha think?

jasperandmilo
8 år siden

We started putting up this backsplash but are not sure about it now that it's up. We're either grouting tomorrow or tearing it down. Whatcha think???

Thanks!!!!

(13) kommentarer

• Anne Doherty Bialeski
    8 år siden

I agree with tgb1 sorry...a simple white subway tile would probably be best

• shiningautumn888
    8 år siden
    I agree with above. Just too busy. General rule of thumb is have variations/movement in either backsplash or countee but not both. White grout would mute it a little but not enough. White subway would look much better
  • Patty McGrew
    8 år siden
    Beautiful backsplash and beautiful counters....not sure I like them together. I think it might be a little too much pattern for all of the movement in the granite. I'd go solid or at least less variation with perhaps bigger tiles. Good luck!
  • Patty McGrew
    8 år siden
    You could go with a "tumbled" stone subway tile, if plain white subway is too boring for you. That would give you the same warm, natural feel of that this backsplash has, without competing wth the granite and being too busy.
  • Noralee Grace
    8 år siden
    Think a simple, single-colored backsplash would work well. Current combo too overwhelming. Be sure to add your final project to this thread. Good luck!
  • SanDiegoViki
    8 år siden
    The granite is beautiful and the tile is beautiful but I think they're too much and too busy together. What about adding another tile to the mix? Possibly a 3 x 5 subway tile in a solid color pulled from the backsplash and maybe another trim piece... possibly a stainless pencil liner trim molding (if you have stainless steel appliances that is).... remove some of the backsplash tiles (at the bottom of the backsplash wall) and add this subway tile and trim piece. These will break up the busyness and should look great .... Of course lay it out and play with it before making it permanent
  • jasperandmilo
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks all! Love the thoughts! Really helps put a finger on what we're not feeling with it. It's going down, I'm yelling TIMBER, lol!! Maybe put it up in a bathroom and put something simpler up in here. Thanks again.

• PRO
    Jennifer A. Emmer/Feng Shui Style
    8 år siden

By the way, the other issue is that the size of the Herringbone patterned backsplash is roughly the same size as the "pattern" of the granite. If one or the other was much larger scale, and with slightly less contrast, it might fly.

But if wishes were horses, beggars would ride! LOL. Good luck ;-)

• PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    8 år siden
    Your granite has all the splash you need. Go for a single color backsplash, and while,you might think black is a great color, you should try to closely match the main cream color in your stone, in tumble travertine would be nice and then use grout that is the closest color to the new tumbled stone.
  • PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    8 år siden
    I agree with tumbled travertine.
  • sunnydrew
    8 år siden
    Jennifer said it exactly, the patterns are too similar in scale.
  • tooky58
    8 år siden

Tear it down!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.