ana_serpapuntillo

Help stairs

Hello, in the process of refinishing my stairs. To save cost I was thinking of painting my stringers white. However I haven't seen stairs with white stringers alone, they have the risers painted out white as well. Stairs are open risers and not sure how they are going to look. Any advice?

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Diane Whalen Architect
    8 år siden

I think it would work to paint the stringers....but I think I would consider for a dark gray rather than white (something that compliments the metal railings). This way there will be less disparity between the treads and the stringers.

• Angel 18432
    8 år siden

Beautiful stairs. I agree, something that blends with the metal railings color.

• Jillian - Interior design student
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Very pretty. I suggest you use a porch and floor paint. For the first coat, tint primer with your selected color. Opt for “low luster” rather than glossy to show less dust and provide more traction.

A light or medium gray to coordinate with the spindles would be lovely.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.