loudon1

Wall art help

loudon1
8 år siden
I need some help picking out wall art for my open floor plan. This wall is in between our dining room /kitchen area. It is directly across from the main entrance from our mudroom. Originally I was thinking of adding kitchen wall art, but now am open to any ideas you may have. The walls are painted latte and I have a lot of cream throughout the two rooms. I would love to add color but a, afraid that it might look too busy. Please help...I am at a loss.

(15) kommentarer

• loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    These were some ideas I had...
  • linlac
    8 år siden
    I agree that the console needs to be moved over with art or mirror above. Unfortunately with the vent in that location you would need a console that's open on the bottom. Is there another spot you can use that piece? If not I would look for a vertical piece of art or a stacked set of 2-3. If you don't want color keep it neutral. Look for a soft abstract that blends your surrounding colors.
  • loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Unfortunately that side of the wall is not long enough. It would also be covering a vent:(. Here is another pic that has grown on me. I know the colors aren't an exact match. I think it might add a contemporary touch to a traditional house.
  • loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Here are more pics. There was a design problem with our house that was to late to fix. Our architect added a wide beam across the center of our house, so we covered it with wood moulding. Unfortunately it adds a heavy look to our house and makes it look more traditional than we wanted:(.
  • PRO
    Liz Duer Studio
    8 år siden

I added your cow to the pic (not sure what size) and I added one of my abstracts. One of the things we artists are taught is that when a painting something it is not always the focal point. Often it is supposed to blend into the surroundings. Of course nobody can suggest what works for you specifically. If you are looking for an abstract feel free to check out my profile.

• loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you so much! I love abstract paintings. I'll check out your site:)
  • loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Love the abstract painting you posted! It's perfect:)
  • Karen S.G
    8 år siden
    I love your cow picture!
  • loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks it's from grandin road.
  • PRO
    Liz Duer Studio
    8 år siden

Glad you like it. If you need custom colors do let me know.

• Sdhauck
    8 år siden

Art isn't to match but to love! You can always take and add hits of the color from the Cow picture in the room.

• loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Okay, so do you think it would flow if I add the following wall plaque on the portion of the wall above the entry to the Living room? It is not in the same color family as the cow pic. I could always find something different.
  • PRO
    Liz Duer Studio
    8 år siden

I like the sign. I think it matches your color.

• loudon1
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you! What do you think of the cow pic? Do you think that also would go w/ the sign?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.