carmen_u

Garden Lighting Ideas?!

Carmen Urquhart
8 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

Hi Houzzers, Currently in the middle of a garden makeover. Would love to hear any lighting ideas you have! I was thinking maybe some spot lights along the decking, some wall lighting or even a canopy with some string lights!? I would like the space to feel a little more sociable and cosy. Any opinions appreciated!

(22) kommentarer

• pannacotta
    8 år siden

You can get some excellent solar led lights now, look at lights4fun.

I think adding some taller planting around your seating area or anything with some height - parasol/sail etc would make it feel more enclosed and less exposed. Will see if I can find a pic or two...

Carmen Urquhart thanked pannacotta
  • Jonathan
    8 år siden
    Since it is such a large deck how about trees in planters with lights in the branches.
    Bulkhead lighting on the wall might be practical and perhaps spotlights on the path and steps for safety. You could also consider infra red heat lamps.
    Personally I would consult an electrician- beware the cost may escalate because of armoured conduit which is sometimes necessary outside.
    Carmen Urquhart thanked Jonathan
  • Carmen Urquhart
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you guys! Some really inspiring ideas!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden

Welcome Carmen, : ))

Carmen Urquhart thanked Amber Jeavons Ltd
  • pannacotta
    8 år siden

Are you planning to put up some more solid fencing at the boundary? That would help too.

Carmen Urquhart thanked pannacotta
  • Carmen Urquhart
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I hadn't thought of that actually! That would definitely give it the cosy feel i'm looking for, thank you!

• Jonathan
    8 år siden

Also try putting the furniture on the diagonal to spread out more.

• PRO
    Hillman Gardens
    8 år siden

I agree with jonathandb1972 - you really need some vertical interest on that deck - this is the reason it feels barren. If you were to put a couple of small trees in planters up there with spike lights at the base of each trunk shining up into the branches the reflected light would illuminate the space with warmth and natural charm.

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Yes Hillman gardens it's what added too and as illustrated in a picture. :))

• pannacotta
    8 år siden

I do believe it is what I said in the very first comment on this thread!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden

Yes pannacotta you mentioned around the seating area so it appears we are all in accord Jonathan and Hillman too ! :))

• pannacotta
    8 år siden

Great minds and all that!!

• Pat Auld
    8 år siden
    How about a pergola covered in some lovely scented climbers e.g. Jasmine, honeysuckle etc
  • PRO
    Melanie Rekola Landscape Design
    8 år siden

Hmm, I'd say architectural standard trees in tall pots (like the rest have commented) but I'd back light these trees with a 180 degree lights washing the brick for interest. This way the tree form would be a complete and detailed shadow in front of the textured brink adding a lot of intrigue, plus the light source can be hidden behind the pots. As well, I've yet to come across a solar light that has enough lumen power and the correct colour, though I so wish we had the current technology to accommodate this. Therefore an LED system is what I'd recommend.

• PRO
    Litecraft
    8 år siden

Here's few ideas on how to light your garden area and make it look cosy :)
    http://www.litecraft.co.uk/blog/how-to/garden-party-lighting-ideas/ 

• PRO
    The Bulb Co
    8 år siden

Not sure if you have now sorted out your garden lighting yet I've only just come across your question! But if you haven't yet then you could definitely do as you have suggested already and have some decking lighting, some examples of such you can find here as there are also many decking light kits to choose from. http://www.thebulbco.com/outdoor-led-lights/led-ground-lights/led-decking-lights

For something different to think about for wall lighting, why not think about getting some in wall brick lights for something a little bit unusual perhaps http://www.thebulbco.com/outdoor-led-lights/led-ground-lights/outdoor-brick-lights

Hope this helps a little but would be good to see some of your finished photos once you have them to hand to see what you decided on!

• PRO
    INsitu
    8 år siden
    Sorry about the logo it gets blown up on iPhone. U mentioned a canopy? This is a louvred pergola, but I can put anything on your decking, it's just about loading One into my app - we have loads. If u could provide us with a review later I'd be happy to load up more
  • PRO
    INsitu
    8 år siden
    Oh u mentioned lifting too. We can't do artificial yet, but sun we can
  • PRO
    INsitu
    8 år siden
    *lighting :)
  • PRO
    Sarah Jordan Gardens
    8 år siden

I also think it is best to soften the deck with planting and always advise to keep the lighting subtle with uplighters within the planting, I think it gives the best effect.

• steve3122
    7 år siden

Take a look at Elementi fires

gas Fire pits to lighten and warm the garden seating area

and a range to suit all types of garden

very cosy and extremely sociable

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.