laserena

Tall ceiling - Lighting ideas

laserena
8 år siden

I am incredibly lucky to have this amazing 1500 sq foot room in my home, with amazing 28 feet ceilings..but it is proving quite a challenge to decorate.

I'd like to change out the dated fans that are in there, but I am struggling with the scale of the lights I would need, as well as the height I would need to hang them. Currently there are four fans in each corner of this vast room.

I also like the idea of paneling the walls to add interest and possibly adding a focal fireplace.

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly welcomed

(9) kommentarer

• emmarene9
    8 år siden

I would prefer textured wallpaper over paneling. Where did you imagine the fireplace?

laserena thanked emmarene9
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

Check out cable lighting you can install it so you actually get light down where you need it.Tech lighting makes the Kabel that I like.

laserena thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    laserena thanked NewWall
  • printesa
    8 år siden

For lighting you can go with cable lighting or something large and airy like the Moooi one. You can also have large paintings on any of those walls

2012 Parade Of Homes--Dominion · Mere information

Panorama Residence · Mere information

laserena thanked printesa
  • PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    8 år siden

Wow that's a beautiful space! Love the large triangular window, its lovely. If it's lighting your looking to put in place of your fans, we can help. We produce handmade custom tailored pendant lighting pieces in a variety of colors and shapes. With our design team we can take out the guesswork as to how long to wire, how to compensate for the ceiling slope etc. We build chandeliers entirely around you and your style. Contact me when you'd like to get started, we'll get you up to speed on our offerings and design help.

Sales@galileelighting.com

laserena thanked Galilee Lighting
  • whirlwyn
    8 år siden
    For 20 years we enjoyed a similar room without fans, and as some pro will offer decorate up to 10-12 feet, the rest is open and light is not actually used above that height. So concentrate on lighting from the floor up. The room was one color paint, although later owners painted an accent wall and some magazines show a different shade above the mid point. Enjoy.
    laserena thanked whirlwyn
  • decoenthusiaste
    8 år siden

Your focal point right now is the view, so I'd put the fireplace left of the French doors and windows above. It can follow the angle of the vaulted ceiling. Once it is done you can decide if that's enough interest or if you still want to panel a wall. Personally, I'd prefer investment art to paneling.

Traditional Family Room · Mere information

laserena thanked decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    Glithero custom carpentry and renovations
    8 år siden

I think pendant lighting would be a great way to go and possibly a bevelled glass globe to refract the light, instead of a wood wall how about wood accent beams on four foot centres from the peak to the top of the wall and i agree that the wall with the angled window is the spot for a fireplace mantle and looking at the style a classic field stone would compliment the room very well.

laserena thanked Glithero custom carpentry and renovations
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.