julie_rowlands32

Off centre rangehood and oven

Julie Rowlands
8 år siden

Hi there,
My builder has put a microwave recess in my kitchen it's and in doing so it's put everything out of centre without advising me of this (naive, uneducated first home builder) I wanted to put over head cabinets beside the rangehood but it's I think it'll look stupid as one side is 600 the other 540.
Any suggestions to make this not so noticeable of look good??

(14) kommentarer

• Sian Sampey
    8 år siden

Hi Julie,

How annoying for you. But to be honest I didn't see anything wrong with it until I read what you pointed out. However I think if you put cupboards up there it will definitely be noticeable.

• Julie Rowlands
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I know I'm so frustrated about it as I've got hardly any cupboard space to put anything :(

• Vy
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

he can still move it..to centre it..not hard..just two people and a day to move it that's why he doesn't want to..

my rangehood was overhanging my bench by 5cm because I had a steel beam running along where the rangehood was suppose to be in the end he moved it for me ..he told me it couldn't be done I researched talked to people in the industry came back to him told him it could be done ..got hubby on to him too lol hubby did a sob sob version my wife won't leave me alone if you don't do it lol

• caroline_314833
    8 år siden
    My suggestion would be put in a concealed rangehood then you could have overhead cupboards. Of course this depends on finances. Otherwise it doesn't look to bad.
  • PRO
    Design Fusion
    8 år siden
    Add a concealed rangehood. With 4 even sized cupboard doors.
  • Julie Rowlands
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

That's how I read the plans, 2100, but if you look at the underneath meaurements the microwave recess is 600mm, oven 900mm and the cupboard doors 540mm.

so is it just me or are these plans deceptive ?

thank you everyone

• jmm1837
    8 år siden

The problem is that, if you move the hood it will no longer line up with the oven. Move both, and neither will line up with the sink and underbench cabinets. Maybe you could make a virtue of assymetry by having cabinets on one side of the hood and open shelving on the other.

• Julie Rowlands
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Yeah I only realised that part yesterday.. That was another alternative I was thinking, thank you

• Vy
    8 år siden

oopsies :)

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    8 år siden

I had a similar idea to jmm1837 - why not still have one overhead cabinet on each side of the rangehood (same width) with the leftover space on the left hand side as open shelving?

• georgi02
    8 år siden

Hi Julie, There's a discrepancy between your front and overhead elevations on your plans. Your front elevation indicates 1050 per side of the centre line - indicating a total length of the wall as 2100 with a 900 oven - effectively leaving you with 600 either side for your microwave and cupboard. Your overhead elevation is looking off - it's indicating 540 cupboard, 900 oven and 600 totalling 2040mm and the combined length on that plan is stating 2040mm. Looks to my amateur eye that there is a hiccup in the plans - head down to site with a tape measure and check what's been built - and talk to your builder about how he read the plans (I'd also be asking why this is the first time I'm seeing any issues).

You could make it look less noticeable by changing the small cupboard doors - just have one door rather than two will help alleviate the look of the 60mm discrepancy.

If you find that it is the plans that are off - I'd go back to whomever drew them up for a quiet word - you won't help yourself but you might stop someone else from having a similar issue.

Good luck!

• jmm1837
    8 år siden

Further to Gioenne's idea, what about one of those narrow, pullout units- this is the wrong style, but you get the idea....

Kitchen After Remodel · Mere information

• scottevie
    8 år siden

I think timber open shelves would look great and not highlight the different widths. Alternatively, you could have the cupboards made to the smaller width and place a filler piece against the wall on the microwave side.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.