jonathanwilson9ie

Ideas for the front

Turning this building into a B and B looking for nice warm approachable comforting colour

(21) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

Blue and white trim is always a nice combo that says welcome with maybe a red door kind of the opposite of this pic for the blue color

• mefor
    8 år siden

Agree with the last poster, a classic and tasteful color scheme will set you apart from the more colorful buildings, will actually be more appealing to possible visitors. I'd consider painting windows a darker color too, more of an architectural look, plus will need less cleaning/repainting than the cream color. Good luck and please try to hide the wires!!!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

I like the idea from mefor to paint the window frames dark.

• mefor
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I was thinking a little contrast with the black iron work, maybe a really, really dark black green and the building color a bit lighter than the taupe building next door.

• mefor
    8 år siden

This is Benjamin Moore Black Forest Green, would be lovely. I can find a match with most paint manufacturers available in your locale, if you'd like

You would see the contrast of the black and green on a facade with the light on it, very striking. Especially with a brighter color awning like the one posted by BeverlyFLADeziner

• mefor
    8 år siden

And a long black planter that runs from side of entrance to the edge of building, with trimmed boxwood, perhaps a line of small colorful flowers along the front, that match the color of awning. Maybe even a little bit of small leafed variegated ivy trailing down too. As long as it's kept well watered and tidy. Dead plants would be a terrible turn off

• mefor
    8 år siden

Similar to this but lower, or if you prefer a cleaner more modern look, just have boxwood as hedge, trimmed straight across, like second image, but a bit shorter. Don't want to block window or ironwork.

• jonathanwilson9ie
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    What you think about window shutters at the side of the Windows?
  • mefor
    8 år siden

Don't think you need them, it would be too fussy for size of facade. Cleaner lines will make building stand out from the neighbors, in a good way

• PRO
    Palmetto Floor Coverings
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Here in Charleston, SC we like the rows of

colored Rainbow buildings..they definitely say Welcome on a sunny day, with colored shutters, add window boxes with flowers..maybe your neighbors will like it well enough to follow suit. :)

• PRO
  • jddcrouch
    8 år siden
    A cream color with light grey trim and blue (with a grey hue) or deep red door would be inviting. If the window frames are paintable, black is an excellent suggestion. Window boxes on at least the first level, but would look nice in all of the Windows if you're up to tending to them.
  • mefor
    8 år siden

I would also power wash the sidewalk out front, get the dark stains off, make it cleaner than the neighboring buildings and their sidewalk/frontage

• jonathanwilson9ie
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks to all some great ideas there will post a pic when I get it done
  • Jennifer K
    8 år siden

here's a rendering without wires and brightened (perhaps a bit much!) up

• katinparadise
    8 år siden

How's this? BM Cotton Balls for body, Black Forest Green for trim, Ashley Gray for stone and Tomato Red for your door. A planter as suggested, along with a black and white striped or solid red awning.

• partim
    8 år siden

Since you have a choice of any color, don't choose colors that clash with the purplish pink paint next door. I'd choose a creamy white for the body of the house, and very dark purple (aubergine/eggplant) for the trim. Navy blue would also look good. Avoid red or green.

Awnings would look great. I can see striped awnings in a cream and navy, with the building colors selected from the awning colors.

If you can't eliminate the wires, run them through conduit or cover them with an approved casing that runs right under the windows. Paint the downspouts the same color as the body of the building.

• User
    8 år siden

I like this mid-tone blue/gray with burgundy accents and white trim. Classic.

• User
    8 år siden

Helps to know where this is in the country and consider the local vernacular.

• Jennifer K
    8 år siden

@puremichigan60, by the license plate, it looks like it's European rather than N.Am.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.