mrsvictoria

Living room: rug color help!

mrsvictoria
8 år siden
sidst ændret:8 år siden

Please see photos - I am shopping for a new rug. At this time I cannot spend $$ to change anything in the living room aside from a new rug. PS, I don't really like the coffee tables, but I don't have a place to put them, it's staying in the living room for now.

The rug in the living room photos is a cheap memory foam rug that desperately needs to go!

Do you like the rug choice (see below voting options)... if yes, natural or brown.

I generally like a Scandinavian-inspired interiors.

*The couches are a black and brown suede

*The accent wall is a very dark blue. It takes on a slightly different hue when it's morning sun vs the artificial lighting at night.

Brown Rug
'Natural' Rug
Neither... keep looking!

(9) kommentarer

• charon70
    8 år siden

I agree with advira. You need more color. What colors do you like?

• mrsvictoria
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I really like natural tones/ the colors you see in nature. I'm a fan of interiors that have wood tones and a good amount of green. I like when they include pops of color like yellow or red for example. Hope that makes sense.
  • charon70
    8 år siden

I recommend looking for a rug that has those color in it. It would brighten up your space nicely.

• mrsvictoria
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you all!
  • PRO
    User
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

It sounds like you and I have similar styles and venture more towards natural tones. Your space right now is too dark and heavy with browns. The second 'Natural rug' will break up the monotony and add texture and interest, while brightening up the space.

Rugs can get pricey fast. I always find great deals and styles on rugsusa.com

• PRO
    DeSitter Flooring
    8 år siden

We would suggest something with color. It would be great if you could find a neutral colored rug that has accent colors in it that would match your blue accent wall! Surya rugs would be a great place to start looking.

• PRO
    Creative Home Engineering
    8 år siden

Like everyone, I suggest color as well. I think a pop of red would look stunning.

• mrsvictoria
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks all! I will do my best to use your advice. I threw in some items from other rooms just to see what the colors would look like together.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.