kittybart

Art behind couch...speakers in the way

Katie A.
11 år siden
I wanted to start a new thread specifically to deal with this speaker/art/ wall issue.

I can't decide if one large, or three smaller pieces of art would look better with these terrible wall speakers. They're staying for now, says my husband, so I have to work around them.

Thoughts on 3 smaller over 1 larger? I do not have enough craft paper to make a large one so I used Art.com to try a large print.

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    Lillian's Paintbrush
    11 år siden
    I like the 1 large print...the 3 smaller ones would normally be a better idea but the speakers make them look sandwiched
  • PRO
    Lillian's Paintbrush
    11 år siden
    maybe 3 canvases would work if they were much taller
  • carole
    11 år siden
    how about those canvasprints,they will not stop the sound,they are like "drums",and there are tons of diffierent ones....
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 år siden
    I vote for one large piece of art to draw more attention to it rather than the speakers.
  • M A
    11 år siden
    You can also buy frames for art or photos that hide the speakers. The frame is actually the speaker. I may be in the minority, but I like the 3 objects better.
  • cazadora
    11 år siden
    This is a little random...but what about adding so much art to the wall (in varying sizes) that the speakers just become part of the pastiche?
  • Casey Spitz
    11 år siden
    I like the three smaller pieces. You could even frame fabric and hang it.
  • handymam
    11 år siden
    I would say I like the large one, but the one you used as an example is a bit too large. If you get some wooden stretcher frames for canvases, you could cover them in fabric that compliments the art and place them over the speakers as art. Fabric would not block out the sound that much.
  • Katie A.
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    I like the idea of covering the speakers with canvas, but I don't think I want fabric. I really want type in my art so unless I got some custom printed fabric (which I know I can), then I'm not keen on fabric. But it's a good idea.

Pushpin - I think if I could pull it off and not go crazy trying to select that much art, it could be done. I'm not sure I could pull it off. And it kind of goes against my want/need for an uncluttered space.

Let's say...I was to cover the speakers...with framed art. Would you still prefer 1 large to 3 smaller? I reduced the size of the single large piece of art as well...just for an option.

These art selections aren't final - I'm just using them for layout right now.
  • handymam
    11 år siden
    I still like the large one and I like the idea of the type too on fabric. You are right, it can be done. Hundreds of art blogs will tell you how to do it with a home or store copy machine.I do think the colors in the 3 set prints would be a good place to pull colors from for pillows etc. It 's going to look great!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.