mark_jenneson

Kitchen advice

Mark Jenneson
8 år siden

Hey folks, I need some kitchen advice please.

I think we are almost there, but would welcome opinions. Here are a couple of current photos (apologies for the mess, we are in a state of upheaval at present!)

(25) kommentarer

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

And here are some renders of what we are thinking of

The big blue cupboard and run of units would be the same colour, we were just experimenting on the renders.

the plan for the floor was herringbone pleat Amtico, but not sure what colour.

in the middle of the room would be a big table.

any advice?

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

And to give you an idea of the room shape

• PRO
    OnePlan
    8 år siden

looks great ! Round table might be good !

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

One key question is what colour range cooker do you think would go?

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden

Hello Mark,

Well perhaps consider what appliances you have... Also the fridge... Do you want range and fridge to compliment? Love chrome? So would a Wolf be good? Do you want range colour to stand out.. White AGA? What table top appliances do you have and also look at the smaller things... Taps, knobs and handles... These too can inform you as to what to choose... : ))

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Fridge is integrated in the left side of the big cupboard, quooker tap (so no kettle) and toaster and coffee machine will be hidden behind bifold doors in the dresser unit so range is basically the only appliance on display.

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Another question I would welcome advice on is what work tops and Splash back? We were thinking marble for the splash back but not sure for the work tops?

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden

Hello Mark,

Granite if a stone as marble doesn't play well with lemons, sugar etc. I'd suggest an upstand and possibly a panel behind the range.. Also more stylish to have splash back same as worktop for more seamless look. Think of what flooring you intend to have and lighter granite is far nicer than black.. Looks similar to marble but will be far more hard wearing. :))

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

AJ, that is also my concern with marble, but I have seen some good examples of contrasting work tops with a marble splash back. I have been thinking along the lines of grey worktop with a light marble splashback.

Mews House refurbishment in London Fitzrovia · Mere information

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

This is a better example

The Victoria Road NW6 Kitchen by deVOL · Mere information

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

And floor, sorry just figured out how to link Houzz photo's

Clapham Painted Shaker Kitchen · Mere information

Classic beauty · Mere information

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Hello Mark,

Yes! Lovely on both accounts..panel and floor! If you have seamless wall space the full sheet is what I would do too. I love deVOL and Plain English so you have picked a fantastic example.. Quite rightly too you have selected lighter options.. So in this case a contrast is lovely for a full panel.

Then you can add if you want a chopping board stack and marble pestle and mortar (my staples) which adds warmth and texture and brings all of the materials together beautifully :))

• PRO
    Sustainable Kitchens
    8 år siden

With your full height ceilings and large windows you have lots of space and height so the dark blue units will look great against a herringbone floor. For the range cooker you could either go bright with a contrasting colour or sleek with aluminium. A big table in the middle will make it a lovely room. A moveable or single unit island could be a good idea to give you some more worktop space. Good luck!

• PRO
    Lacy-Hulbert Interiors Ltd
    8 år siden

My one suggestion would be to consider if you really do need the big range cooker, or if you could opt for a smaller one? This looks like a 1092 model, is this right? If a smaller, for example, 900 model could meet your cooking requirements, you could then gain some more worktop space. This would allow you to even out the drawer sizes on either side of the range. Also, you could make the top look more spacious (by not filling out the whole space with units).

What type of cooker is it and what colours does it come in? I like the idea of light-coloured marble splashback and I think a black cooker would go well with the darker base units. You have lovely light coming in from the window on the other wall!

Looks lovely and yes to herringbone floors, will be such a transformation!

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks for all the advice. The range is 1092, that is what the good wife wants and is in moveable on the subject so I am having to work round that.

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Work underway

• Mark Jenneson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hey folks, I need further advice please. The wife is now choosing the things she wants, which is great but I am having a bit of worry about how it will all look together. I can not decide if it will be great or too many different things. At present we have chosen the above granite - viscount white for the splash back and despite setting of to choose a really light worktop we have chosen black granite.

This is to go on Hague blue cabinets at the bottom and some very light wall cabinets (wevet / Wimborne white?).

what do you think?

• PRO
    OnePlan
    8 år siden
    I'd rethink the black - paler tops would go better with you scheme IMO !
  • PRO
    Lacy-Hulbert Interiors Ltd
    8 år siden
    I would use that granite for the main worktop, but HONED, not polished. for the splashback I would propose to use a light colour marble, even something like Carrara would work lovely with your scheme.
    Did you decide on the range color?
    I am not keen on black + grey and the two colours of cabinets all together.
    Looking forward to seeing your final production, good luck!
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden

Hello Mark,

I would also go with a lighter marble looking granite and also honed for both worktop and upstand or splash back.. With regards to the colour etc of cabinets, I think they are good choices.. Wimborne is really a white and so not wildly exciting.. Maybe try something that's just got a bit more warmth to it.. :))

• PRO
    Stone & Marble Diretto Ltd.
    8 år siden

I would not like to use marble for the splash back, it is a porous material not practical for a kitchen unless you would use it as a showroom (some my costumer have done that.....)

If you still want the same effect of a stunning marble there are plenty of products as this one for your splash back! ...manmade with natural products, a type of quartz if you wish.

• PRO
    JB Curtains
    8 år siden

This is a lovely kitchen, I would suggest keeping the window fitting you have currently and updating the style. Possibly a more neutral colour like a cream or off white if you are looking to choose light colour kitchen units.

You can go for a different approach which would be taking down the old curtain style window dressings and go for a more contemporary blind, possibly would go for a fabric based Roman blind in a waterfall/stepped style.

We can advise in terms of pricing, provide me window sizes and we can provide you a free quote. Have a look at our website and facebook pages for more portfolio pictures. Feel free to leave me a message at info@jbcurtains.com

www.jbcurtains.com

• S
    8 år siden
    Can I just throw this in. I'm not a professional but have an idea! Love the flooring and units. Use that granite for worktop and go for a mirrored splash back. The window/garden is the main feature in that room for me and I'd want to see it even if I had my back (side) to it at the hob.
  • S
    8 år siden
    A quick Houzz search will show you plenty of examples.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.