joyoflife8111

Worktop not big enough- any options?

joyoflife8111
8 år siden
Hi, we're having a new extension and the kitchen worktops are being replaced. They ordered 90cm worktop but it turns out the area that needs to be covered is 92cm wide. Our joiner decided to put it in anyway as it was delivered. He's going to think of solutions later. Any ideas what can be done to finish it nicely? The missing bit will be in our new extension over a wall - day room. Thank you in advance for any help!

(6) kommentarer

• Tani H-S
    8 år siden
    Do you mean the depth of the unit is 90 or the width? Do you have a quick pic?
  • Jonathan
    8 år siden
    When you join two pieces of worktop the joint can look messy. However if it looks like it is on purpose this looks quite cool.
    Recently I have seen a kitchen island with a stripe of a different material in it which in turn made it longer
  • PRO
    Chalon
    8 år siden

Can you add an oversized length of wood and make it into a breakfast bar or shelf, linking the kitchen and day room together?

• PRO
    Stone & Marble Diretto Ltd.
    8 år siden

Reject it and ask them to get you a proper fitted piece...its not expensive replace it, but it would become expensive to have bad publicity!

• Laura Thomas
    8 år siden
    You didn't say what material the worktop was?
    If it is solid wood (you mentioned a joiner fitting it) perhaps he could make end caps to add to the width. I have seen them done in a different wood to make a statement e.g. Walnut end caps on oak worktop.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.