sunshine121378

what is a reasonable cost to paying for laminate flooring?

sunshine121378
8 år siden

I need scratch and water resistant flooring (have pets) that would need to be "locked" together rather than glued, due to concerns around air quality. I'm in a townhome so also have 28 stairs.

(13) kommentarer

• PRO
    The Carpet Guys
    8 år siden

It really depends on who you're working with, what product you're interested in, and the size of the rooms or staircase. Your best bet would be to get an estimate for a local dealer.

Some say a price on a square foot of laminate flooring, installed, can range from between $7 and $11.

There are a lot of factors that can change the price you would be paying, so you would have to take each factor into consideration. Hope this helps!

• sunshine121378
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

thank you

• User
    8 år siden

Laminate is NOT moisture resistant. You need either tile, or sheet vinyl.

• sunshine121378
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks Lisa. This is very helpful.

• PRO
    National Hardwood Flooring & Supplies
    8 år siden

Laminates typically range $1 to $4 this is material only.

• lookintomyeyes83
    8 år siden

In our area, 'el cheapo' laminate from a box box store can be $1.50-$3 CAD a square foot, and hardware flooring $5 and up,

whereas speaking to local flooring companies, laminate was $5-8/sq ft, and hardware was in the 10-$15 range.

So really area dependent. I'd say National hardwood's prices are probably on the low side if you are going for quality laminates.

• sunshine121378
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks very much.

• cmm0712
    8 år siden

Saw this posting; read the comments. I am also investigating laminate flooring -- looking at price, thickness, etc. I know I want a floor that is around 12 mm with an AC3 or AC4 rating, hand scraped. Any suggestions? Cathy M

• Cladia W
    5 år siden

I am looking at the Atroguard Calypso Tundra, any comparison on noise? I keep hearing to go with LVT to reduce noise, but I like the no PVC and green products for the Atroguard. The price is also much lower.

• User
    5 år siden

The prep to get the subfloor FLAT, and to install any product, will be higher than the cheap laminate. Why not buy a better quality top product to go along with that expensive labor portion? You’ll just have to spend that labor all over again a few years down the road to replace the cheap product. It costs way more in the long term to buy cheap on the front end. Spend more on the front end and you only need to do it once.

• SJ McCarthy
    5 år siden

I'm going to dispell the "noisy" myth for laminate. Laminate floors are not inherently noisy. It is the BAD SUBFLOORS underneath that make then bounce or click. If you do NOT fix the subfloor you will have noisy floors. The awesome thing about laminate is that it allows some SERIOUS amounts of underlayment or underpad that can reduce noise transfer from one space to another. This is a HUGE advantage in multiple family dwellings.

Vinyl is not something that reduces noise. In fact it RARELY allows underlayment. It may not slap or bounce like laminate (thereby giving the impression it is quieter in the room) but it does NOT stop noise from moving in an "up-down" presentation. It also does NOT reduce echo or noise from traveling down hallways or under doorways. And UNDERPAD will do most of the work. But 'Oh No. Vinyl doesn't allow underpad!' Sigh....and now you know the truth about vinyl. It is VERY difficult to add sound absorbing material UNDERNEATH the vinyl. Very, very, very difficult.

If you need noise reduction then stick with laminate.

• Jamie Pace
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Mannington's Restoration Laminate IS water resistant to surface water for up to 72 hours. If properly installed, it can be used in kitchens and bathrooms--per Mannington. I have two samples in my home now and am awaiting two more that are currently out of stock. It is beautiful flooring, and there are many colors to choose from in the Restoration Collection. I licked together two of my full plank samples and poured water on the joint where the two joined, left it for 8 hours and no water leaked through to the paper towels below and there was no damage to the planks. Before we buy it, I will give it the 72 hour test. I got my full plank samples from efloors for .99 cents each.

Armstrong has a water resistant laminate, also, called Audacity. I don't like that it is made in China and is only 10mm thick with a 2mm attached pad. I haven't been able to find a dealer in my area or find where to order samples so I haven't seen it yet. The Mannington laminate is made in the US, is 12mm thick and up to a 3mm pad can be used with it in installation for a quieter floor. You might check out both of these before you make a decision.

i was quoted a price of $3.49 per sq ft for the Mannington Restoration Laminate, but it was on sale for $2.89 sq ft at my local dealer. I don't know about installation cost as we will do the floor prep and installation. Just be sure you get someone to install that will follow the installation instructions to the letter and use the glue and caulk required for kitchen and bathrooms. If not done correctly, your warranty will be voided.

Good luck on your decision.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.