tanya_dick

Need advice for decorating new kitchen / accent color

Tanya Dick
11 år siden
My kitchen renovation project is about to wrap up and before I buy new curtains and other decor, I need to settle on the accent color to make it all pop. My painted cabinetry is a glazed cream color, with the cooktop area and refrigerator cabinet being stained instead of painted.The backsplash is a crackled biscuit color. The wall color is Benjamin Moore's bennington gray and the trim color attempts to mimic the painted cabinetry's color. We have new wood floors and a white ceiling as well. The house is mostly decorated with a traditional style. My initial thoughts were daffodil yellow or burnt orange for an accent color; possibly a gray curtain for the sliding glass door. Am I way off? I don't have the natural flair for decorating. Thanks in advance! (Used my computer's camera for the pictures - sorry for the low quality images.)

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Amanda Fossum Design
    11 år siden
    Go into your closet and look at what color is most prevalent... That's a great clue as to what color you'll be most likely to stay in love with for the longest time!
  • Darzy
    11 år siden
    What a beautiful kitchen and surfaces you have selected! It is so pretty that an accent color is almost unecessary. :) You are leaning towards yellow or burnt orange. Your space looks "sophisticated" so I would go for the burnt orange instead of the daffodill yellow. Also, you were thinking of gray curtains. I propose more of a "pop" of graphic burnt orange curtains with your accessories.
  • SNZTH
    11 år siden
    I think a roller blind on each the door and the window is a great idea. They are easy to pop in and out, so you could change your accent colour very easily. So if you were to choose yellow, then a bowl of lemons and some yellow flowers. Then if you changed your mind to red, you could pop in red roller blinds and fill your bowl with red apples and red roses.
  • Tanya Dick
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Thank you for the responses and such nice compliments! All good advice! I like the idea of easily being able to change out the window area colors. I'll keep my eyes open for a nice window treatment and hope the color inspires further decor.
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 år siden
    I think you are definitely on the right track with yellow and orange. I think that maybie you should purchase a runner rug first to see how you like the colors in the kitchen.

http://deciture.com/shop/rugs/3/surya-storm-som7739-indoor-outdoor-area-rug-cream/

http://deciture.com/shop/rugs/7/cheshire-rug/ (comes in runner size)
    Tanya Dick thanked Warner Decor
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.