sionedarwilliams

Advice on fast growing shrubs/plants

sionedarwilliams
8 år siden
I love this very simple, straight forward garden & believe it would work in my setting. Please advise on fast growing shrubs, plants which would create a similar effect in my garden. Thank you.
Traditional Garden · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Phil Hirst Garden Design
    8 år siden

Hi,

It looks as though the garden in the image has a good range of shrubs and perennials although it's not easy to tell exactly what they are. Fortunately there are a huge range that meet your requirements of fast growing. However, be clear whether you mean fast growing as in 'will eventually grow to a huge size' or fast growing as in quickly look established.

Some examples would be (latin names) Sambucus, Philadelphus, Spiraea arguta, Exochordia macrantha, Berberis, Viburnum, Physocarpus. For smaller shrubs try Euonymus fortunei, Spiraea japonica, Cistus, Pittosporum.

Check these out on the Royal Horticultural Society website where it will tell you what sort of conditions they need, how big they will grow and how to look after them. It's important to choose the right plants for your own garden conditions and the amount of maintenance that you are prepared to do.

Finally it is possible to buy the plants in small pots or as well established. Whichever you choose they will still eventually get to the same size so don't be fooled into thinking that because it's in a small pot it will stay small. There should always be a label in the pot telling you eventual size and spread.

Good luck

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.