sillycannoli

What do you think of this chandelier?

sillycannoli
8 år siden
Thinking of changing chandelier in my dining room. The first picture is what is currently there. The second picture is what I'm thinking of getting.

(21) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

it really doesnt go with how your room is now. were you planning on changing the table and chairs?

• Bev
    8 år siden

I agree with the first two comments.

• sillycannoli
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for all the comments! No, I'm not planning on changing any of the furniture. But thinking of taking the room to a more modern direction.

I love the suggested wooden chandeliers but wouldn't it be too much wood?
  • sillycannoli
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    puremichigan, where is the 2nd chandelier from?
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 år siden

Neither of them is quite right. From the photo, go transitional...go Asian in style.

Maxim Lighting Asian Transitional Chandelier X-CRSW58901 · Mere information

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

• jbtanyderi
    8 år siden
    If the light was on a dimmer, it would be easier to see what it actually looks like. For the time being, ignore the lighting. Put decent LINED drapes wall-to-wall and frame the art. The pads on the chairs are at odds with the style of the room: they're country/hokey.
  • jbtanyderi
    8 år siden

I would search for a simple look (such as an all glass Venetian one) with a moderate drop and a spread of about 30 inches.

• anniebird
    8 år siden
    Here's a favorite of mine that might work for you:
  • kimberlysc
    8 år siden
    I think with you table and chairs, a rustic luxe decor would work.
  • PRO
    JML Interior Design
    8 år siden

Definitly need something in a darker finish like oil rubbed bronze-the one you are considering is too washed out

• lisa0527
    8 år siden
    I've seen this lamp in a very traditional Italian wine bar and it looked great. I've considered it myself. But it was more of a hipster-traditional place. I tend to agree that your dining room might not match the lamp. Unless you want to make some other changes.
  • lisa0527
    8 år siden
    Had to look at your photo again. Your art and table would work. If you went with something a bit more modern for chairs and went with some heavier linen drapes, I think it could work. It really is a gorgeous chandelier when you see it in real life.
  • km kane
    8 år siden
    I can't even see your first chandelier, the lights are on and it's just a blob of light, but the one you are thinking of does not work at all with your furnishings.
  • anniebird
    8 år siden

You need more visual weight than your idea chandelier provides. I agree that a darker finish will work best in the room. You can mix a midcentury fixture into this room and get a great effect, but it has to tick the boxes ;) Good luck and take an "after" picture for us!

• sillycannoli
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you all for the comments. I guess it is unanimous it won't work in this space. Not really planning to change anything else, except maybe the curtains, so I considered all the suggestions and went a bit simpler. What do you think of this?
    Note that it is not to scale. And i was trying to see what it would look with white linen sheers but I'm new to the photoshop-like app and gave up in the middle. While heavier and lined drapes might look better, these are south-facing windows and I need the drapes drawn almost the whole day - sheers still let light in and do not completely obscure the view.

If the capiz lantern works, should I go with 2 smaller ones or 1 big one?
  • sillycannoli
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Anniebird, I like that chandelier. Will look for a less expensive version.
  • PRO
    User
    8 år siden

Here are some examples of our chandeliers from dining rooms we have done.

A Yonge & Lawrence Renovation. · Mere information

Summerhill Georgian · Mere information

Bridle Path Townhome · Mere information

• sandradclark
    8 år siden

I do not like either of the ones in 1st two photos. Not for the style of the furniture.

Kenroy 66349COP 1-Light Pendant, Harbour · Mere information

Albiano Rectangle 2-Light Bronze Pendant · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.