baby_begum84

curtain rules??

Maryam M
8 år siden
are there any kinds of rules when it comes to curtains, what I mean by this is would I contrast lighter or darker coloured curtains against the room, are patterns best for a living room...should they be long. I'm so sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never chosen curtains in my life and haven't a clue where to go and what to look for. I appreciate any comments. my living room is going by the theme of warm charcoal grey, white, gold and teal. thank you.

(3) kommentarer

• Najeebah
    8 år siden
    nope, there are seldom rules in design, and things can often be made to work according to tastes. sometimes stripes work, sometimes solids, sometimes patterns... The same with contrast to walls, length, style
    do you need any help deciding on specifics? (curtains or anything else for your room)
  • PRO
    JB Curtains
    8 år siden

Have a look at our portfolio pictures on our website and our facebook page, it will give you ideas. Most of our clients choose their styles based on items of furnitures in their rooms, so if they have a striped rug they will opt for stripes. Although a lot of our clients will make the curtains a feature so they stand out. Considering made to measure curtains are not cheap as ready made a considerable amount of time and style hunting goes into it.

Drop me an email at info@jbcurtains.com for more advice or a quoation.

www.jbcurtains.com

www.facebook.com/jbcurtainsuk

• Lauren
    8 år siden
    I think there are some rules of thumb but of course you can choose to do whatever you like. Pattern and colour just depend on what you like :).
    Floor length curtains almost always look more elegant than shorter ones. The exception being cottage style small windows. Bedrooms are usually best with thick blackout thermal curtains whereas downstairs more transparent ones are good for letting more light in.
    One other thing is that good practice is to make the curtain pole wide enough that when the curtains are open they don't obscure any of the window thus getting the maximum amount of light. Hanging the pole closer to ceiling also makes the window look bigger and accentuates the ceiling height.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.