theodonnells

HELP! Kitchen Remodel Wall Color

theodonnells
8 år siden
sidst ændret:8 år siden

I just remodeled my kitchen. Now I need to paint the walls. The island is PPG Leafy Green.

The pic on right is the actual template of granite.

Need to cover these walls ASAP!

Kitchen Picardy · Mere information
This is a picture of the room that you walk through before you get to kitchen.

This is from the DR going into kitchen.

Better pic of DR walls. The tray ceiling is painted with the same gold on walls.

Now you see if I do a boring color it will get lost. Something soft but can stand on its own.

Was thinking of doing a soft green. Really don't want to do Taupe. I have lots of color in my house and think I would grow bored with that. Grey would also be "safe". Another boring color. LR off this room is yellow. DR is Red. I like BOLD. Any suggestions?

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    High Touch Remodeling
    8 år siden

I would recommend you to to paint most of the kitchen walls white or offwhite, and create an accent of the same color green you have in the island on one of the walls. You want your kitchen walls to be as neutral as possible and create accents with different materials (countertop, backsplash, island, appliances, etc...)

At the end of the day this is your kitchen and you should do what pleases you! :)

theodonnells thanked High Touch Remodeling
  • Bev
    8 år siden

I was going to suggest a soft color too because you do have a lot of color going on already in your kitchen. You could go with the soft green you were thinking of or a very soft yellow.

theodonnells thanked Bev
  • PRO
    Friday and Genter Interior Design
    8 år siden

If the adjacent rooms have strong colors and you like color, I would recommend staying the course! How about a strong yellow! It would be pretty with the green island and works well with red. Go for it!

theodonnells thanked Friday and Genter Interior Design
  • User
    8 år siden

Look at Benjamin Moore Fernwood.

theodonnells thanked User
  • sandradclark
    8 år siden

I love all the white but with the red & green it is jarring. A soft butter yellow will look good. Go with what brings you joy.

theodonnells thanked sandradclark
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.