gautham_ji

Need help with colors and lighting

Gautham Ji
11 år siden
sidst ændret:11 år siden
Hi,
We just bought anew flat in Bangalore, India. It's small and has 3 bedrooms, 2 balconies and of course a living room and a kitchen. It's just about nearing completion. Next week I shall begin paint and woodwork. Now, I've found a number beautiful designs online and in shop. But, it's hard for me to pick because I know that a bunch of pretty designs may not work work well if the colors and designs collide with one another. Some advice here will be much appreciated. Like for instance, I could have my kitchen all white or all brown, i will like both but I also like my living room walls olive green. I like my floor wooden, I also like marble. My bar unit could be all white or rosewood. My wardrobe, again quite a few options there. I just don't know where to start, there are just too many things. Should I first do my floor and walls and then match my furniture? or the other way round? Help me please? I have attached my floor plan if that at all helps. Thank you.

(7) kommentarer

• Gautham Ji
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    The door at the bottom left is the entrance and the cut portion on bottom right is my neighbor's bedroom.
  • PRO
    JWinteriors
    11 år siden
    Starting with the bedroom suites...have your bedding selected. Choose a color that coordinates. You can accent the headboard walls with a darker color and carry that darker color into bathroom on the walls, or continue bedroom color and carry the accent color into your towels and shower curtain. I would paint kitchen and 2 dining room walls the same color, selecting a darker color for the drama in the dining room and contrast with your kitchen cupboards (such as your green color). The other walls in your living room, foyer and hallway, should be your neutral color such as a camel or warm gray. This neutral is bumping up against all of your other room colors. So, it will make a good transition from room to room. On the bold side, you could find a great wallpaper for the two walls in the dining room. Don't forget to play up your foyer with furniture for that first look impact.
    Selecting your bedding first, allows you to tweak your paint color and hue, and the darkness of your color. Enjoy.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 år siden
    White kitchen looks good with wood flooring.
  • PRO
    Lifestyle Decor
    11 år siden
    Gautam,

The key to interiors is blending it with your lifestyle and bring in a decor that accentuates the elements that make the place prominent in aspects you believe makes you come back to it everyday.

For example, the Living, Dining is an interesting L shape that you can transform into a beautiful largish looking centerpiece, throw in some good garden work in your balcony and you can bring in greenery withou making it look clustered....happy to share more...you are probably already half way down your interiors? Post your images and we can help

LifestyleDecor
  • Gautham Ji
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Thank you all. Interiors are underway. I will definitely post pictures. This site and its members are the best. So much to thank them for. See you all soon.
  • PRO
    Lifestyle Decor
    10 år siden
    Gautham, love to see your interiors...you have nice balconies hope have done up those..post the pics - Cheers
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.