clive30

Flooring: New Build

Clive Watson
8 år siden
I'm trying to Weigh laminates/wood Vs tile floors (entry, kitchen, hall, baths and laundry) all other rooms would be carpet, I lean toward tile but see mainly laminates/wood in every thing I look at. Has anyone solved this dilemma or is tile just passé?
Clive

(6) kommentarer

• Clive Watson
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you, a major concern is investing in an obsolete style (Tile).
  • jhmarie
    8 år siden

I do not think tile will ever be obsolete. The style of the tiles being used at a certain time does come and go.

• PRO
    Diane Whalen Architect
    8 år siden

Tile will likely never fall out of favour, but I agree that the 'current' size, texture and colour will change over time. Tile can be very useful in many applications. and there are lots of beautiful options available. Large format tiles can help with scale for a larger space, and will give a more modern look. Tile is especially great at entries, in washrooms, and for transitions and accents, and can work well to add colour and contrast.

Renovation and Addition in Sandy Hill · Mere information
    large stone tile with colour accents helps with transitions

Rockcliffe Park Addition and Renovation · Mere information
    entry hall with large format ceramic grey tile creates contrast

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    8 år siden

Please choose wood or tile. Laminate flooring is just awful--it chips and warps and will have to be replaced much sooner than wood or tile. It can never be refinished--it's Formica on your floors! It also sounds hollow and plasticky when you walk on it.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

Actually there are many grades of laminate I have had laminate from germany in my last 2 homes and never had a problem anf they do not sound any more plasticky and hollw than wood or tile but that said since the rest of the space is carpet i would do 12 x 24 porcelain tile

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.