ocean_clarke

POLL: Retro accessories - hot or not?

Ocean Clarke
8 år siden

Patent red kettles, metal bar stools and digital flip clocks - we've all seen how retro accessories can be incorporated into the home. Do you think retro is fashionably nostalgic or cold and uninspiring?

Let us know if your still loving all things retro in the comments below!

MIlligan Retro Sideboard · Mere information

Hot
Not

(4) kommentarer

• ianthy
    7 år siden

I am not against retro - it's just the prices that shops ask for items that are 40-50 years old because they are now called retro.

• PRO
    Hamilton interiors
    7 år siden

Retro making a huge comeback

• PRO
    gracesinteriors
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Lots more personality!

Charity Shop and eBay finds are fantastic value. I'm working on Collage Concepts including key retro pieces.

gracespractice.com

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Hello Ocean,

With all things theres a variety of choice! With mid century pieces some are very definitely fabulous and can suit a variety of settings.. With famous names attached they are often collectors items or for those with serious sums to "flash the cash"...

I too love ebay and the charity shops and the car boot and the out of the way (not portobello Rd) where you might actually find a gem for a song! I am less keen on the mid century band waggon that is selling copies from the high street.. I am all for being authentic!

Now that's not to say that a reproduction is off key.. For some who can't afford the real deal... There's a market, but then it has to be a very good reproduction.. It has to smell like the real thing..

I also like the idea of the rarer item as being the most desirable, you might identify it with a period but can't say for sure who designed it.. : ))

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.