bonnaccra

Thoughts on a bedroom paint color for my neutral room?

bonnaccra
8 år siden

Here is a rendering of my bedroom - the window doesn't quite stretch to flor but other things are close. The duvet is actually a sand colored linen as well. Any advice on a paint color for the walls? Thanks.

(17) kommentarer

• Diane Land
    8 år siden

Perhaps a pale aqua or pale blue - you don't want any more beige and you probably don't want white.

bonnaccra thanked Diane Land
  • bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I really would like something warm like a darker taupe and would also consider a type of gray - my instinct is to keep to a neutral right now. Just my comfort zone and reduces risk I regret it. . .

• Bev
    8 år siden

I would also choose a pretty aqua or blue that goes with the color in the art above your bed. I have always heard that blue is a soothing color!

• bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    The art was recommended but isn't there. I currently have no art on the walls so I'm flexible on what to add. You Won't need to anchor paint color to that art.
  • bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks Diane - great idea. We have been using Benjamin Moore so perhaps Revere Pewter or Abalone which are Greiges?

Revere Pewter (Benjamin Moore) or Benjamin Moore (Abalone)

• Diane Land
    8 år siden

BM Abalone seems to be a bit cooler ( and may have a blue hue) ( some grays do) and Revere Pewter is nice and a tad warmer. They should be nice. Get some paint samples or paint chip cards and try them out to see if you like them.

bonnaccra thanked Diane Land
  • bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks for your thoughts! Do you like any other greige by benjamin moore?

• PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    8 år siden

Given that your furniture is dark brown and your bedding is sand/beige, I wouldn't add any more warm colors. Think about cooler colors to balance the beige/brown.

bonnaccra thanked Shoa Gallery
  • bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks Kshoa - with so many colors to choose from, any particular recommendations?

• PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    8 år siden

@bonnaccra I'm an artist and my impressions are generally for the overall space rather than specific. The interior designers can do a much better job at suggesting specific colors. My point is to stay away from anything in the sand/brown/beige family otherwise the space will look washed out. See if others can recommend blues/grays/greens to your liking (incidentally, I'm going through this right now myself! :) )

But given you've only shown a rendering, it'll be hard to see how much light you get in the room, which makes a huge difference in my opinion in how dark you can go with your wall colors. Do you have a photo of the space?

bonnaccra thanked Shoa Gallery
  • PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    8 år siden

By the way, the way I'm doing it is I go to the paint store and get loads of paint chips (don't be shy - they don't mind) and stick them to the wall. And just stare.... Seriously, you'll figure it out soon. Especially if you have the bedding or furniture close by.

• bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

These pics show the room from a few different angles - sorry it is a bit messy not usually so bad;) the duvet cover is now a linen in a sand color. Floor lamp in corner was just there because I took it out of my toddler's room. Any thoughts to you and others? I will also need a petite settee/love seat for the right site of bed niche I think? thanks again!

• PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    8 år siden

You have a great space there! The wall color definitely need to go cooler. I'll let the interior designers get more specific for you. I'll keep watching this :)

• emmarene9
    8 år siden

BM Edgecomb Gray.

• PRO
    Amy Sutherland Design & Remodeling
    8 år siden

Hi, any luck with a color yet? Where are you located? I see your floors are wood. In one photo they have a warm yellow look and in another a darker look. Which is the more accurate? I love Benjamin Moore paint too. Once I have the answers above I can perhaps suggest a few choices.

• bonnaccra
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I'm liking Revere Pewter as I think we will do Edgecomb Gray in Hallways. Thoughts? I'm based in a suburb of NY City. The floors are a medium, warm, brown - not too dark. Also the rendering shows a rug which is correct as we have this rug which is very muted in real life:

Rug under bed

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.