tanya_berlaga

Copycat bathroom

Tanya Berlaga
8 år siden

America's Cup Bathroom · Mere information

Hall bath · Mere information

We started with 2 half-baths each containing a sink and a toilet, connected by a small room with nothing but a bath tub. Where the sink is on the lower picture there was a door into the bath tub room, and the toilet was where the bath tub now is. It was a maze rather than a bathroom or two. We separated the two bathrooms creating a master bath and a hall bath. They are not huge bathrooms but extremely convenient. The upper picture was my inspiration for the hall bath. The lower picture is how it turned out.

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 år siden
    Looks awesome !
    Tanya Berlaga thanked OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • tooky58
    8 år siden

You nailed it! Love the hardware you chose. The before sounds strange. Are you going to show us the other one? I'd like to see it, you have good taste.

Tanya Berlaga thanked tooky58
  • mathomson5
    8 år siden

Nicely done, but I think you might like a lighter rug -- try white/light gray -- the hardware works great, and the dark notes in the rug take the eye away from your darker hardware accents. Save the darker rug for an indoor/outdoor location where it will hide the dirt.

Tanya Berlaga thanked mathomson5
  • Tanya Berlaga
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Yes, the rug is just what I had in my house - I didn't get around to buying a more appropriate one :-) I should've taken it out before taking the picture. Thank you.

• Tanya Berlaga
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Here it is. The layout is such that it's hard to get a picture. A little bit messy as well :-) It has a bath / shower combo, and unfortunately there was not enough space for double sinks - I thought it may be way to cramped if we put in double sinks, and for our needs it works just fine. All the fixtures are the same as in the other bathroom, only color is different.

• Tanya Berlaga
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

The before was bizarre. The 2nd story was added on at some point, and they obviously were not designers, because the layout of the bathrooms was so weird. I couldn't even take the "before" picture because the rooms were so small and choppy. It was completely unusable. One of the sinks was actually in the bedroom. Remodeling these 2 bathrooms were the first thing we did to the house.

• PRO
    Diane Whalen Architect
    8 år siden

Very nicely done! The only thing I would have considered adding is a light in the shower (you can get waterproof ones suitable for this application). In your case the window helps offset this need.

Tanya Berlaga thanked Diane Whalen Architect
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.