Is there tile behind the vanity or just drywall behind? Thanks! Love

User
8 år siden
Shaughnessy Townhouse · Mere information

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    Davidson Walker Construction Ltd.
    8 år siden

Yes, the backsplash tile is also used at the back of the tile storage niche.

• User
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

How kind of you to reply so quickly. Thank you.

I was wondering though if the tile also runs all the way behind the drawers as well. I have had some conflicting advice about attaching the vanity to a marble tiled wall vs just against a drywall back (in terms of vanity stability etc). Thanks again!

• PRO
    8 år siden

Interesting question. Even though this vanity appears to be supported by the floor and/or the stone waterfall, we would ensure that there is adequate solid wood backing behind the vanity to support the entire weight. In essence the vanity is cantilevered off the wall so it needs solid lumber behind the drywall for support.

We would always install the tile after the countertop. The tile will not be perfectly straight, and attempting to scribe the stone top to an irregular tile surface won't work well. So we would not tile behind the vanity. The tile below the vanity could be installed after the bottom shelf (grumpy tilesetter) or before the bottom shelf (grumpy cabinet installer)

Apologies for verbosity!

• User
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

ha! Verbosity is appreciated. There are wall studs (3) behind the 48" vanity but sounds safer and more stable to have the wood backing behind the drywall. :)

Thanks for your expertise. Love it when people in the trade help each other out! Have a great day!

• PRO
    8 år siden

You are welcome. You should use 1 1/2 thick framing lumber between the studs, and a well constructed vanity with a solid back. Good luck

• User
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Done! Will send you a pic when its done. :)

• PRO
    8 år siden

Forgot to mention - a good contractor looks after this stuff for you :)

• User
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Indeed. Notice I'm following you now! :)

• Laura Mahood
    5 år siden

I love the colour of this vanity!

Do you know where you got this colour?

thank you,

• PRO
    5 år siden

Sorry, but no I don't

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.