ryan_b100

Making my Bathroom bigger

Ryan B
8 år siden

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new house. The downstairs living space is great and it has good size bedrooms too. However the only negative is that the bathroom and toilet are separate.

I was initially planning on possible relocating the staircase but i'm not too sure.

Any ideas how i can make one bigger bathroom?

Floorpan should be attached.

Thanks

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    LeMaster Architects
    8 år siden

At first glance, I think you ought to move the staircase and combine the bathroom and toilet room. Otherwise, you'd have to sacrifice Bedroom 3.

• shirlpp
    8 år siden

That 9x8 bedroom is small, and I wonder if this was originally a 2 bedroom house and they took some space from the bathroom, to create a 3 bedroom house.

You probably want to keep it as a 3 bedroom, so it appears that you will have to reconfigure the stairs.

• janedoe2012
    8 år siden
    It looks like you would have to reverse the stairs and shift them forward forwards the front of the house. Then you could remove the w/c and enlarge the bath. But the appearance of the front entry on the main level may suffer.

If this in the UK? Given that there will be only one toilet no matter what you do, are you sure it doesn't make sense to leave things as is? What if someone has a bathroom emergency while someone else is showering?

The entire house is just the two levels, right? No other toilet anywhere else? How many people are going to live in the house?
  • PRO
    Diane Whalen Architect
    8 år siden

You could try putting the washroom between Bedroom 1 &2 (taking space from both) and see if that would work. Bedroom 3 would be enlarged, and you create an open desk or seating area off the staircase where the WC was. Not sure if it works without spending more time and knowing more about the house and your needs (would make 3 more equal bedrooms...all still a bit on the small side), but something to consider.

• sandradclark
    8 år siden

A "dormer addition" I think will be more cost-efficient than moving stairways. That or trying what Diane Whalen suggested. To just bunp out the upstairs current bath plan to accomodate a shower or bath w/shower. The 1/2 bath should be just fine in that allocated space using a very narrow sink.

• sandradclark
    8 år siden

Is it possible to add a half bath on the main floor under the stairway? Or is this a stairway going to the basement? It is so good to have a bath on each floor.

• Ryan B
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks for all your replies.

Yes i am based in the UK.

I would preferably like the property to remain as a 3 bedroom house without reducing bedrooms 1/2. Currently there are only two of us living in the property so if the third bedroom was to bed reduced slightly; this would not be too severe.

Thanks for the idea of reversing the staircase. I am not really DIY savvy so i will probably have to look at getting a contractor to do this for me. Do you have any idea on a price range?

• Ryan B
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

The space under the stairs is very small and currently occupies a toilet. There is access to the loft via the hall-way upstairs however a loft conversion will be too much out of my price range.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.