mike10112

Basement layout help

mike10112
8 år siden
We are remodeling our basement. It is a nice blank slate. See our renderings for reference. Our biggest dilemma is kitchen layout. We planned on placing the kitchen/bar in the center but discovered the support posts in walls as pictured. Trying to design a usable and beautiful layout while hiding the posts inside decorative features. Also have a 9 foot pool table to properly place. Any ideas Houzz??? Many thanks.

(17) kommentarer

• mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
  • decoenthusiaste
    8 år siden

https://www.brunswickbilliards.com/room-size-requirements/

Are you aware of these size requirements for a pool table? What part of your space would be most adequate for the table? Does the bar need to be wet? You can design it between the posts. Here's on with the post covered with metal - looks like it might be flashing material.

Lake front Basement Bar · Mere information
    Here it looks like posts may have been wired for electric and covered with cabinetry styled wood and trim.
    Minnesota Residence · Mere information

Stone could cover them...

Basement Bar · Mere information

• Susan Davis
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Since your post are by the foot of the stairs put an arch between them and then enclose the posts in the end walls of the arch and put one wall to the door wall at 12 oclock position and enclose the other post for other side of arch and run the wall parallel to foot of stairs at the 3 oclock position.....you have blocked noise from going up the stairs and enclosed the basement a bit with an architectural feature.....I am not an architect but just a thought.

Place kitchen on long wall right next to bay window bump out all the way over to where the play area begins. then add a very long island parallel to the one wall kitchen and make it stunning along that wall.

Put the bar/pub area in the bay window bumpout; nice and cozy!

Put the toys in floor to ceiling closed storage.

Put the pool table where it will fit. Not sure how much space you will need, but on either side of the kitchen. This will give you open concept with hidden posts and no need to build any more walls.

Good luck.

• mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for replies. The pool table can fit in center area (if the kitchen is placed around support posts), or left area behind couch placement. It will not fit on the right side play area.

We were using the picture below for inspiration but when the posts were found not to be parallel/symmetrical, it threw us for a loop.
  • mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    8 år siden

You have a floor plan with dimensions for this 3d layout?

• mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Unfortunately this is a design app I'm using so it doesn't display all the dimensions. This picture shows the overall floor size a little better though. Once I do a rough layout I go to SKETCHIT for my architectural plans.
  • mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Trinity...here are a few of our decisions we have made already.

It will be both a kids and adult entertainment area

Trying to maintain a mostly open design

We will have a theater area (where couch is now?) but not a separate room

The bathroom exists and will remain as a half bath

More a full bar than a kitchen per say
  • mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
  • mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
  • mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Made a few changes. Any advice on where to place kitchen?

The white dots are structural posts
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    8 år siden

Your bathroom sink,ejector pump, kitchen sink, etc need to be vented, and if you don't want the vent to run along exterior wall on the side of your house so it can be terminate above the roof , you want to be close to the garage wall, so you can open sheetrock in the garage and run the vent pipe into the attic and out through the roof, instead of finding a way to open walls inside your closets, etc.

• PRO
    B2 Architecture Ltd
    8 år siden

If you are using it for an open plan entertainment area it is technically a habitable room so just be careful with your fire regs as it should be seperate from your staircase above, normally with a door at the top or the bottom.

As GN Builders posted you will need to vent the waste pipes but if your house has at least one SVP vented to outside you can do these with a AAV (air admittance value) so no need for lots of pipes through the house.

I would look to put a kitchen/ bar on the wall near where you are showing the dining table as if it is a bar you don't want to hide it away and you could make it into a nice feature as you come down the stairs which I'm assuming is the dark brown shaded area on your model.

• mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for your nut. Luckily the bathroom is already in place. We will use a mechanical vent (Aav) as suggested for the bar sink. Only problem of putting the kitchen on far wall away from bathroom is possible trenching for the drain tie in????
  • PRO
    B2 Architecture Ltd
    8 år siden

Whats your floor make up in the basement?

• mike10112
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    It is a poured concrete foundation below grade.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.