vd25

Tile pattern dilemma

vd25
8 år siden
Help! We are doing an extension and redoing 2 bathrooms upstairs. The bathrooms are 2.6x 2.1 . We really want to have both shower and bath in both toilets.
I am attaching a picture below. What I like to ask is if someone could give me ideas on a tile pattern? I would really like to lay square tiles on the floor diagonally. But the size of the tiles I like are 44 cm and the wall tiles are 28x 85. Are the 44 sized tiles too big to go around the bath as half a surround also diagonally? And then a metal rail and then the vertical tile? Will it look too crowded? The tiles are quite large so I didn't think so but would appreciate advice.
I'm struggling to come up with a layout. Need to tell the builders next week!

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Italian Tile & Stone
    8 år siden

Hi. The tiles you have selected are fantastic. You really don't have the room to lay the 44x44 tiles in the diagonal. For the diagonal to work you need to start in the centres and work out. The problem is that no wall is 100% straight so if you lay them on diagonal you will wind up with different size cuts running along the perimeter.some of these can be quite tiny and difficult to cut for the tiler.

To get around this you would generally tile out to whatever point you finish with "full" half tiles and fill in the oerimiter with strips.

Your area us simply too small to do this.

However even if it was big enough I would still say that the wall tiles should be the feature as there are lots of ways you can play around with them.The floor tiles should just be a backdrop to set these off rather than standing out of their own accord..

Would love to see a photo of the finished project :-)

• vd25
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you so much for your advice. Do you think the wall tiles are too long? I'm thinking of laying them horizontal. What sort of overlap pattern do you think I should go for? Also should I put mosaic at the window sil? I'm thinking of tiling the bottom of my window sil. And a similar splash back for the shower area. Thanks again!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.