jennysmed

How do I finish this corner? Products and placement advice please?

jennysmed
8 år siden

This is on my hall way landing, opposite a stag picture. I have no idea how to complete the corner or if indeed to start again! Please can you help me with some specific ideas - I would really welcome comments on products as well as generic styles. Thanks in advance

(21) kommentarer

• Lynn Robbo
    8 år siden
    Hi, I'd say remove one or the other put a mirror on the wall X
  • Pat Auld
    8 år siden
    A mirror or colourful artwork and a plant on the table
  • tamp75
    8 år siden
    Hi, I'd remove the chair too. It all seems a bit squashed in & draws your eye down. Def put some artwork or mirror above the console.
  • June Hulton
    8 år siden
    I too would say a slim console table or sideboard. Mirror on the wall.. Slightly tall table lamp to add light if needed.. But enough room on the top for a vase of flowers.. . I don't think the chair Is needed either. Photos when you have your result would be nice to see..
  • PRO
    Hutsly
    8 år siden

Hi Jenny,

From the above comments I think you'll know to remove the chair so I won't repeat it but if you are looking for a mirror or some large wall art to put above your beautiful console have a look at our collection here. We have lots of options like this very popular one:

Available here.

One thing I would add is that looking at your chair and console they feel quite modern while the baskets on the lower shelf seem a bit more rustic. You could jazz them up by looking at some of the (many) tutorials on Pinterest.

Hope that helps!

• PRO
    DesignWorks
    8 år siden

Hi Jenny, yes I also agree with suggestions given earlier : relocate the chair to a bedroom & centralise the table along the wall placing either a mirror or some artwork ( perhaps in wooden frame(s) to tie in with your table) above. If there's a socket on the wall ( none visible in your photo?) that's perfect for adding a table lamp otherwise the mirror will help bounce light around. If no sockets - maybe a simple candelabra with candles and a bowl filled with fragrant pot potpourri. I agree with bookworm987 - don't clutter the space. Would love to see some photos of the end result - good luck!

Katharine, DesignWorks.

• jennysmed
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Everyone - thank you so much for your contributions and honesty.

The chair was squeezed in admittedly as it didn't fit in the original place I had intended it for. So it's out - definitely.

Sad to lose the baskets - but I tend to agree.

I will seek out artwork to go above it.

So a couple of questions follow:
    - do I replace the baskets with anything - it might be a bit bare?
    - is there room for matching lamps either end or stick to one?
  • June Hulton
    8 år siden
    Good to see you are making your changes to fit in.. Maybe a tall slim lamp so you have some room underneath to add maybe a vase or photo .. Underneath you could add another item .. Somewhere to collect your keys .. When you come in..? But out of sight.. Don't over crowd it will soon look messy..play around with accessories you have around your home. But you can change with the seasons .photos when complete would be nice to see.. Good luck
  • Barbara Nunn-Clarke
    8 år siden
    I would hang a colourful chandalier, and paint the fair right wall a feature colour,possibly a burnt colour. A matching cushion of the same colour, with glass ornaments same colour of the chandalier.
  • iolosdad
    8 år siden

Put the chair on the other side of the table and put a big mirror above, I have a hall table with a tall lamp and a painted dish and a vase of flowers

• Oriolus Oriolus
    8 år siden
    How about painting the baskets? See what lamp or mirror you buy and match the colour with the shade/frame.
  • John Wheatman
    8 år siden
    How about being completely bold and sharing all of the furniture in other rooms. Fit some small up lighters into the floor shining up each wall and place the artwork as suggested, one piece on top of the other so it is lit from below.
  • Lincoln Fox
    8 år siden
    Mirror above the table, lamp on the table and move the chair into a bedroom. :-)
  • jc3135rc
    8 år siden

(a) Remove chair - it looks squashed and will become a dumping ground.

(b) Centralise the table and replace baskets perhaps with collection of different sized, colour co-ordinated glass bottles

(c) Add a tall table lamp.

(d) Add a vase of flowers or perhaps a globe

(e) Hang a feature clock, some family photos or those of local places of interest

• PRO
    amordesigns
    8 år siden
    Maybe something like this?
  • ingabrereton
    8 år siden

I don't think they picked up the stags head idea at all. This is what you need for the country look

Victorian Taxidermy Heron · Mere information

stuffed heron on the console

Fight Me Grand Antler Chandelier · Mere information
    massive antler chandelier

Pictorial handmade Persian silk rug · Mere information

deer hunt rug

Palm tree lamp · Mere information
    Lamp to light up you taxidermy

Horse and Hound Waste Paper Bin · Mere information

Country waste basket to toss out the junkmail

Betty Twyford Solid Oak Shoe and Boot Rack - Boot Tidy · Mere information

Boots ready to walk the hounds.

Hopefully that's more what you were thinking of!

Best of luck with your project.

• minnie101
    8 år siden

Hi Jenny. Why not keep it simple to go with the table so something like this but maybe a simple scandi fern print or something rather than just the frame.

cox and cox have a number of vases that would suit plus faux stems or try oka, Neptune or Abigail ahern for the stems but would keep them simple. I'd try and marry the other objects in some way ie colour, style, material, shape etc. I also have a chair on my landing and I have to say it does get used! Hopefully you have another spare corner.

• Carrie Cassidy
    8 år siden

Hi I would put a beautiful wall paper with birds or trees etc. And a few mirrors on the wall different sizes, Paint the table in white chalk paint and distress it with wax. Put a nice small Yankee lamp like an owl that melts wax make a beautiful smell, in the drawer lipsticks , and in the baskets scarfs , and gloves,

• soozmacrae
    8 år siden

A stylish mirror. circular, I think.

• User
    8 år siden
    I would put a nice plant there, depends on how much light there is as to what kind, even an illuminated plant
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.