svn310

Kitchen wall & backsplash

Stephanie
8 år siden
Looking for recommendations for what color to paint the kitchen walls that would go with the Quartz I have pictured (cambria Montgomery). Ideally looking for a cool color. Also need backsplash suggestions as well. Was thinking using the sea foam colored glass subway tiles to bring out the blue/green veining in the Quartz. I'm going for more of a traditional look if possible and the cabinets will be white/slightly off white. Thanks for your help!

(12) kommentarer

• Terri Henderson
    8 år siden

I love the glass subway tile idea, but don't rule out other colors. Bring different samples to put in the room so you can see how they look in your lighting.

• Stephanie
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Great idea to look at it with the lighting. I know that always wth paint but didn't even think about it with the backsplash too. The kitchen does only have two small north facing windows so I'm sure the lighting would play a big part. Thanks!
  • carol smiley
    8 år siden

I am probably doing my kitchen with off white cabinets and Cambria Montgomery. I love the color. I found a Sherwood Williams paint color called Honest Blue(SW 6520) as my great room is painted in Breaktime(SW 6463).good luck

• carol smiley
    8 år siden

I would love to see pics of your kitchen after it is done. Mine is a small galley kitchen in a small house.

• Stephanie
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you for everyone's suggestions. April you had amazing suggestions and I loved all of them! We live in a two story brick home from 1928. Very neat house with lots of hardwood (floors, moulding, built-ins) and lots of arches. Right now the cabinets are stained and this is the backsplash we are going to do... I do plan to paint the cabinets. They just don't look right (weren't stained well) next to the built-ins (which we were attempting to match). I painted the walls November Rain BM (not pictured) cause that's what cambria recommended to go with the Quartz but I'm not loving it. It looks almost dingy (kind of an off white gray/green color) in some lights so definitely still looking for a new paint color. Thinking of doing Alabaster SW for the cabinets but definitely could use some suggestions for that as well!
  • PRO
    Crystal Kitchen + Bath
    8 år siden

We suggest painting the walls a slighting darker white (warm grey or blue undertones) than the cabinets and in a different sheen. Perhaps matte - if the cabinets are semi-gloss. Painting them white will let the blue in your counter tops, tile and accessories shine!

Crystal Kitchen + Bath

• carol smiley
    8 år siden

what a cool house!!!!

• sandradclark
    8 år siden

Beautiful home. If you only have north facing windows, I would go with a warm color in the room. I love the quartz & I love to see more people using quartz rather than granite or marble. Be sure to add under cabinet LED warm lighting.

• Stephanie
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    We still need to add the open shelving but wanted to show how it was coming along. Thanks again for everyone's advice!!
  • tgb1
    7 år siden

Really lovely! I wouldn't paint those cabinets, they're beautiful!

• PRO
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.