sam_harrison72

help with kitchen layout

Samantha Harrison
8 år siden
sidst ændret:8 år siden

I am knocking a wall down in my kitchen and could really use some help with a new layout. At the moment the kitchen is in one room with an island and fridge freezer in the other room, the wall between them will be coming down, however my oven and fridge freezer will need to be accommodated else where within the kitchen. The window in the kitchen area will also be moved to the wall with the French doors as the light from this side of the house is much better. The island doesn't work great at the moment as people tend to sit at the ends cutting off access to the other 3 seats, I think this could be solved by shortening it and could probably still seat 5, which I would ideally like to keep. Just feel I have been all around the houses with various possibilities but haven't found a perfect one yet, and think I could be missing something obvious. I have attached some photos of how it currently looks, and a floor plan of how it will be with the wall down and if the room was empty, its not perfectly to scale but will give you an idea of the space available! We are hoping to be able to re-use the kitchen cabinets we have and just add to them.

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Neatsmith
    7 år siden

Hi Samantha, we would recommend an L shaped kitchen with a peninsula around one of the columns (next to the new window). This will allow for a lot of free movement space and will create a social space that will see a lot of light.

Samantha Harrison thanked Neatsmith
  • PRO
    Broadway Bespoke Kitchens
    7 år siden

We always make sure that our units fit around all columns so that they become invisible if you are ever in Birmingham and would like to pop into our showroom we have an example you can come and look at so that you get the idea.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.