alyssa_hendrick

Need help - Office Lobby

Alyssa Hendrick
8 år siden

An office Lobby is so important as it makes a first impression. Our seating area has a new Sofa, Chair and ottoman. We would like something to go between sofa and arm chair in the corner. It seems to need something of height to makes this space work. Suggestions? Maybe a Floor Lamp but which one? Tall Tree? Ideas?

Also any other suggestions to help complete the space would be grand! Suggestions for Artwork or is Artwork okay? Wrong scale? Hung at correct height? BTW, We can't change wall paint colors. Thank you for any help!

(15) kommentarer

• apple_pie_order
    8 år siden

It looks okay. Add a table lamp. Make sure guest wi-fi is fast.

Alyssa Hendrick thanked apple_pie_order
  • ascorsonelli
    8 år siden

What's the distance between the back of the couch and the bottom of the frame? Should be 5-10." Looks high to me.

I would add a lamp to the table, a tall tree in the corner, and a basket of books/magazines on the other end of the couch.

Alyssa Hendrick thanked ascorsonelli
  • Alyssa Hendrick
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I thought it was high also! It is 15 inches. Would a bigger piece of art be better?

• PRO
    Design of...
    8 år siden

Something to break the consistency of the leather, maybe an oak wood tray on the ottoman would be nice. A floor lamp on the corner would be better than greenery. Artwork is fine but move the vertical frame a bit more to the left to center the arm chair rather than the wall.

Alyssa Hendrick thanked Design of...
  • ascorsonelli
    8 år siden

Nah, I think your proportions are good. ROT is about 2/3 length of couch. I WILL say the "art" is very waiting-room-ish tho ;) Might consider replacing it with something more personal (for the type of service you're providing, or town/state you're in). Looks kind of ho-hum, ya know?

Alyssa Hendrick thanked ascorsonelli
  • PRO
    Design of...
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Align the bottoms of the frames by lowering the one above the couch. Make sure to use color, mainly dark blue, teal tones on the shade of the lamp.

• PRO
    Interior Designer - Home Stylist
    8 år siden

might be nice to pull that purple plum out of the arr and onto pillows for your sofa? could help to soften it

Alyssa Hendrick thanked Interior Designer - Home Stylist
  • Bev
    8 år siden

Looks great the way it is!

Alyssa Hendrick thanked Bev
  • Alyssa Hendrick
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Yes, the art work was from a box store. So it's generic looking, agreed. We have looked at local art like ascorsonelli and decoenthusiaste and other mentioned but get mired in making a decision! : / It's one thing to get a $50 painting wrong and another to get a very $$ painting wrong. We're timid decorators. :D

• Alyssa Hendrick
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Love the idea of purple from Interior designer. Not sure if I can convince the owner (husband) of purple. He likes blues, black and greys. I am willing to try to introduce this idea and maybe bring a few pillows in to test it out with him.

• apple_pie_order
    8 år siden

Have you thought about hanging the rug instead of the art? THe rug is more dynamic. The ivory bits will get dirty fast in a busy waiting area.

Art should be hung so that a tall person's head doesn't hit the frame when leaning back.

Alyssa Hendrick thanked apple_pie_order
  • Alyssa Hendrick
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Wow, I have never thought about hanging a rug. The rug is fun and dynamic. I'll bring this up as an idea. Thanks

• Carol Singletary
    8 år siden
    This link may be from apartment therapy, but they have good tips about hanging rugs on walls. I think that is an excellent idea.

Then maybe a lamp like this coming from behind the table instead of a table lamp?
    Alyssa Hendrick thanked Carol Singletary
  • Alyssa Hendrick
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Carol, That lamp is similar to one I was looking at in a local store. I loved the idea of the arm bringing over light, and the lamp bringing height into the space and different lines. I was worried it would be over the top ( no pun) tho and wanted some input. thank you.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.